Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Miss England I Powerboat  (Read 2470 times)

GaryM

• Shipmate
Miss England I Powerboat
« on: August 28, 2012, 01:54:41 am »

I am trying to find Hi-Res photographs of the Napier Lion Engine & transmission installation on Miss England I at the Science Museum, the only images on the net are not very clear and don't help with building an accurate large scale model.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Miss England I Powerboat
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:21:20 am »

Hi Gary I,ive just done a Google search and found quite a lot on the Lion engine but not specifically in a boat.  racer2 on the Aviation Forum   forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=85280&page=3   has rebuilt one to running order.  Lots of photographs that might be useful. There is a couple of clips of it running on www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEuSq3PE5ps&feature=related     Forum shows he worked on it since 2007 until latest post  this year , Jan 2012    That forum also has a member collecting a list of existing engines.  Hope this helps.
..well can you land on this?

GaryM

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 09:17:42 am »

Thanks for your help. Basically I require photographs of the Marine version to see how it is set up, evidently this has some considerable differences to the aircraft engine.

cheers Gary

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:26:05 pm »

The Pathe News archives have a few clips that might be of use.  It was a bigger boat than I thought when one sees the crew climbing over it.  Wikipedia picture below yields a few more details, quite different on the newsreel clips.  Nice to see it running, pity soundtrack is not good.
..well can you land on this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.