Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Boat suitable sailing lakes/pools in Shropshire???  (Read 2030 times)

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
Model Boat suitable sailing lakes/pools in Shropshire???
« on: July 29, 2012, 08:25:38 pm »

Hi there all, I've moved to Wem in Shropshire recently, around 10 mile N of Shrewsbury just below Whitchurch. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any lakes/pools nearby?
I'm member of Potteries MBC but it's a 60 mile round trip. I try to get there on Sunday mornings (honest guys) but if the weather is looking 'dodgy' it's just not worth the drive over to end up coming back with a dry boat and morning wasted.
I know there's the big lake at Ellesmere near Overton, but there's so much wildlife on there I don't think I'd be too popular with the wild fowl or the local residents.
I've got no 'fast electric' or IC, so nothing to offend anyone or upset the wildlife. Hope someone knows of somewhere I could nip to for a quick sail. I'll still be going over to Stoke-on-Trent of course guys.

Thanks, Dave.  :-) 

Grumpy Dave

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Model Boat suitable sailing lakes/pools in Shropshire???
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 10:38:20 pm »

Hi Dave
On the off chance you are still looking, there are other Meres near Ellesmere one with full size sailing. You also have the Llagollen branch of the Shroppie canal
Cheers Grumpy

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Model Boat suitable sailing lakes/pools in Shropshire???
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 11:03:10 pm »

Hi there all, I've moved to Wem in Shropshire recently, around 10 mile N of Shrewsbury just below Whitchurch. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any lakes/pools nearby?
I'm member of Potteries MBC but it's a 60 mile round trip. I try to get there on Sunday mornings (honest guys) but if the weather is looking 'dodgy' it's just not worth the drive over to end up coming back with a dry boat and morning wasted.
I know there's the big lake at Ellesmere near Overton, but there's so much wildlife on there I don't think I'd be too popular with the wild fowl or the local residents.
I've got no 'fast electric' or IC, so nothing to offend anyone or upset the wildlife. Hope someone knows of somewhere I could nip to for a quick sail. I'll still be going over to Stoke-on-Trent of course guys.

Thanks, Dave.  :-) 
I've sailed a boat on Ellesmere lake dave, years ago Dave when I had my narrow boat...there was a little weed in it but not enough to get in the way of sailingg the model Talacre..........your Clyde would eat it with 90mm props.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.