Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twin electric Waverider Navaho  (Read 13128 times)

fastvee

Re: Twin electric Waverider Navaho
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, 07:22:28 pm »

Mart, i have just one pic of the inside,( and it is a real mess inside, need to clean her in the winter and maybe put a layer of cf there to clean the epoxy mess... --but everything is secured well so atleast it works...  :o  (notice the black urethane glue on the motors, rreally strong stuff) .Also I need to cut bit off one stuffing tube , the coupler is too close to it.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 09:47:53 pm »

When i design and build my new motor mounts in carbon ill send you one ill probably incorporate an esc bracket too to keep things neat ,also ill be making a battery tray too,should work well on your next build  ok2.Thanks for the pics,i still find it amazing how much power these motors put out and how small they look inside these boats lol.
Mart

fastvee

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 11:43:52 pm »

Hey, been a while since I were boating. This weekend I had really nice time, and my friend had camera with him so I have few minutes of happy boating to share.

Tried gps 3 times...1st run was 60kph, 2nd 124 and 3rd 143kph... need to get new gps I guess :o Looked like 80 to 90 kph to me.

Offshore action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g5ZfT-bQ70

Just driving around
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xXd3dLhd-0

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 12:35:57 pm »

Nice videos again m8,looks like shes running better and better each time i see her  :-)).I think your gps is broken lol,at a guess id say your speed estimate of 80-90 kph is about right as i thought 50-55 mph when i saw the vids which is plenty fast  :}.
Mart

gwa84

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 05:21:22 pm »

must say you have produced a very good result there  :-))

fastvee

• budget builder
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 04:41:05 pm »

Hi all, been a while since I´ve been here.
Somehow I could not log in, had to create new account here, great that my old username was free so alls well,lol.

I just hope I did not brake any forum rules and that is why my account was deleted.

Anyway, I just returned from first drive of the Navaho this year. Drove it more this weekend then the whole last summer!

Everything worked perfectly and all the parts are the same as last summer so I can say now that the cheapo chinese stuff is reliable enough.

Got some video also if interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cb9cX4_kw0

will be visible after yt has processed it

-Pate

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 06:18:28 pm »

Hi Pate not sure why you were deleted but i do know the site had problems a cpl of weeks ago so must be something to do with that.All i can say about that video is WOW simply awesome my friend.
Throtttle man giving the driver the look made me laugh but i think the driver needs to fasten up tight i thought he was about to go overboard lol.
Thanks for sharing m8  :-)).
Mart

fastvee

• budget builder
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 06:35:19 pm »

Hi Mart, lol actually on one flip(and only) the driver literally lost his head. Glad that Stigs float!  -I just pushed it back on and way they went!

-another video coming, sadly youtube is messing with the quality... both videos were recorded full hd and they look a bit dull 720p now. -But still ok ,thought.

fastvee

• budget builder
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 06:48:04 pm »

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 06:56:41 pm »

Nice one looks great in the waves,nice slowmo of the flip too lool.Acceleration is something else m8.
Mart

fastvee

• budget builder
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 03:46:00 pm »

The boat has some paint chipped off and scratches/spiderwebbing.

Also I was never happy how I did the motor/servo mounts/battery straps....

So what a good time to do overhaul for her!

I will keep the hardware/electronics but new color will be on soon and few mods inside .

Will update with pics soon!

-Pate

fastvee

• budget builder
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 07:28:42 pm »

Started working with the boat 6 hours a go, here is where I´m atm.

Damn that epoxy is tough! -had to cut 100% of the seam off  to get the mounts off...

Straightened the hatch also, is somehow was slightly U.-shaped at the rear.

I will make new mounts of carbon fiber, will see if the 1.5mm is enough that I have or should I order thicker material.

Thinking of making trays for batteries, the velcro did work ok but it did not look great so it had to go also.

-Pate

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 07:35:11 pm »

I have some nice battery trays here Pate,theyre glass though but you could paint em black  :}.You sticking with the same setup or upgrading  :D.Im ordering in some of those big 5694 inrunners will give those a try on 6 s then try 8s.Gary is building a RTR Apache as we speak using my twin t 600 motors on 6 s,will doa build thread when we get some pics together.
Mart

fastvee

• budget builder
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 07:59:06 pm »

Hi Mart, everything you wrote sounds good!

Im using same setup like before, might try 7s batteries...

Any pics of the battery trays,and did you ever made the motor mounts that we talked earlier?

-Pate

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 09:35:01 pm »

Hi Pate heres the battery trays ,im waiting for some carbon sheet coming from Gary to make a few things with might have a look at doing a motor mount system for twins to fit the apache.Will email you some pics of one Gary made for the smaller monos,its really like a double bulkhead with a frame to lock them together.
Mart
ps was this the mounts you meant ? i do have two somwhere i think ill have a look.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2012, 08:14:44 am »

Hi Pate cheapest way to mount them would be to cut two bulkheads to fit the vee of the hull and mount your motors to one and run a frame to the other bulkhead for extra support and glass them into the hull.Heres a cpl pics of how Gary did his for his smaller vee he puit his motors through the front frame but you cant do that obviously with outrunners but if you run a framework from one bulkhead to the other for extra support im sure you will be fine.You can use plywood and cover it in thin carbon for looks or even sticky vinyl carbon sheet which has a 3d patten and looks like the real thing,great for wrapping parts ie battery plates motor mounts etc.

fastvee

• budget builder
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2012, 01:43:30 pm »

I like that bulkhead mount idea, will do that!!

Tried painting the boat,horrible smelting accident happened...-used SAME paint as b4 but it just acted like If topping alkyds with acrylic...real mess.

So Im going to remove all the paint and go from there, clean canvas is the best....

-Pate
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.