Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Bargains,not model related have you had  (Read 1586 times)

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
What Bargains,not model related have you had
« on: August 01, 2012, 08:25:49 pm »

Hi all,what bargains have you had,in the past,one,s where you have paid a pittance and sold for oodles of dosh,...but have told the prospective buyer what it cost you, and he has still offered lots for,....
my recent bargain for God knows how long,...years i think,...was, approx 2 months ago i bough 2 pair of s/h stereo speakers,see pics,they were in good cond,but did,not have the foam grills,i paid £4 +80p commission,..i tested them when i got home and they worked perfectly,On closer examination,i saw on the bottom, the name J R 150,...then did a search on ebay,and found a similar pair had sold for £580, i contacted the seller, told him what i had, he asked for pics, and where did i get them,I told him, i,d got them at a general auction,for £4.80 for both pair,...I nearly fell off my chair when he offered me £900 for both pair,...he now has the speakers and i,ve been busy spending the money,

Wullie,s place is an apology free zone

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
Re: What Bargains,not model related have you had
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 08:45:59 pm »

Show off  :-)) ok2
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 08:52:22 pm »

He must of been a right clown if he gave you £900 knowing you only paid £4.80?

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:04:08 pm »

Well, not really,...he told me,prior to sending the money,that he,had 1 pair sold for £900,and he was keeping the other pair for himself,...and since then i,ve been doing some searching,and apparently,J R which stands for Jim Rogers,..iconic speaker designer from the 60/70,s...well the Russians love his designs,.....So who,s the Fool,...him for paying me £900, or me,for selling them so cheaply,
Wullie,s place is an apology free zone

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 10:30:16 pm »

My Nissan Note.brand new with 25 miles delivery mileage....list price of £11.895, in 2006 I bought it for £9000 cash..................and still have it.........one owner full service and I bought it ......................OFF EBAY!!!!.

it's the best modern car I have ever owned and at nearly three grand off dealer price........what a bargain.

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 01:04:50 pm »

my wife of sixty years come 27 december for seven shillings and six pence  now that is a bargain  not many can say that today O0

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 04:01:19 pm »

Hi all,what bargains have you had,in the past,one,s where you have paid a pittance and sold for oodles of dosh,...but have told the prospective buyer what it cost you, and he has still offered lots for,....
my recent bargain for God knows how long,...years i think,...was, approx 2 months ago i bough 2 pair of s/h stereo speakers,see pics,they were in good cond,but did,not have the foam grills,i paid £4 +80p commission,..i tested them when i got home and they worked perfectly,On closer examination,i saw on the bottom, the name J R 150,...then did a search on ebay,and found a similar pair had sold for £580, i contacted the seller, told him what i had, he asked for pics, and where did i get them,I told him, i,d got them at a general auction,for £4.80 for both pair,...I nearly fell off my chair when he offered me £900 for both pair,...he now has the speakers and i,ve been busy spending the money,

Who is this bloke, do you think he would be interested in my Meridian, 1980's silly money Hi Fi? :-)) :-)) :-))
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.