Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: The great Chit Chat .... and Pie debate!  (Read 37983 times)

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
Re: A Bit of Support for Chit Chat
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2012, 12:32:04 pm »

Pies indeed.... surely one means Pasties !  :P
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

armc40

• Fall guy, it would appear !
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2012, 12:39:06 pm »

as Homer would say mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   Hollands Pies !!        (never asked what was in 'em, probably better off not knowing)
These weren't yer six fingered, banjo playing southern softie savouries  but real mineworkers 'snap'....  even the adult mineworkers ate 'em I'm told  !

Hand raised on a washerwoman's wrinkly thigh and then baked to perfection in a scrap furniture fuelled oven (courtesy of the bailiffs)

Add to that a grand dollop of purée de petits pois ( mushy peas to me n thee) a soupçon of malt vinegar, salt n pepper et voila ...organism on a plate , the only downside to this masterpice of gastronomic delight being the startling effect it could have on passing horses, and probably global warming too !

Making a mistake is not a sign of weakness. Failure to admit to having made a mistake is though !

Power corrupts whilst absolute power corrupts absolutely. Imaginary power is something else entirely !

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2012, 01:08:27 pm »

not a chit chat site with a bit of model boating appended!

Hi Colin

One chit Chat board versus over fifty other boards and people who only want to see model posts have the choice not to view the chit chat board.
I agree with you Colin regarding no adult sections, respect others views, accept moderation when you actually break a rule etc.

Everyone on here either builds, sails or both so why does it upset anyone where another member chooses to post if the posts are respectful?

Dave

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2012, 01:17:45 pm »

Not arguing any more now that Martin has made his views clear. I think most of us are in general accord even if we do have our individual viewpoints.

Trying to finish off a review kit at the moment - in more than one sense of the word I'm beginning to think!

Colin

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2012, 01:22:28 pm »

They checked with me actually, Your Reverence !

No we didn't  %) %) %)
Gunna build those other boats one day.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2012, 01:25:08 pm »

would you have us all wear the same uniform....its been tried by many....and its been proven not too work

Why not if it is the right uniform  :-)) :-)) :-))

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2012, 01:27:00 pm »

No we didn't  %) %) %)

Would that be the 'royal' WE then ?
Making a mistake is not a sign of weakness. Failure to admit to having made a mistake is though !

Power corrupts whilst absolute power corrupts absolutely. Imaginary power is something else entirely !

bikerdude999

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2012, 01:32:56 pm »

That really depends on the thread though doesn't it - name the part wouldn't benifit from straying too far off topic but for many others it wouldn't matter a jot.

Dave

I thought it would be quite obvious that a thread for instance, asking for pics of HMS Hood from 1932, should stick to topic.... but as this thread has shown, things can be fun to just talk utter rubbish.

And just for reference the longest running thread on the 'other' forum is actually now 4935 pages long, with nearly 50,000 posts, and 853,228 views. From a forum with not a huge membership, 9,000 registered members but only about 150 are/were active. Facebook killed that forum...

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2012, 01:34:05 pm »

It all boils down to one simple fact...you join Mayhem, you abide by the rules. If you don't like it...well, there's plenty of other forums out there.

Rich

Correct, and therein lies the answer for one and all, it is as obvious as the nose on your face.

We have been down this track/thread/discussion/argument etc etc etc before.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2012, 01:39:29 pm »

Would that be the 'royal' WE then ?

Naturally, we are decedent of Royalty  ;D ;D O0 {-) {-)

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2012, 01:43:58 pm »

Naturally, we are decedent of Royalty ;D ;D O0 {-) {-)

Looks like our Olympic team should have brought over some real Dinkum pies with mushy peas for you guys , O0 O0 %) %) %)

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2012, 01:47:28 pm »

Pies aside folks, I too think Martin and the moderators have just the right balance, Mayhem should not be used as a platform for political and religious argument, nor do we need a special ares for smutty jokes and adult content. Back to pie now, the pork pie, when properly made is a truly wondrous example pf the pie makers art! :-)) :-)) :-))

Especially the ones with the egg in the middle
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2012, 01:54:49 pm »

Looks like our Olympic team should have brought over some real Dinkum pies with mushy peas for you guys , O0 O0 %) %) %)

Nah    I found the meat in the kanga pies a bit too stringy springy for my liking

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2012, 01:58:54 pm »

Naturally, we are decedent of Royalty  ;D ;D O0 {-) {-)

Have it your way, but that's NOT what I was told in History class

pugwash

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: recently left Amble and now in the wet Northumberland hills
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2012, 02:19:04 pm »

Decedent - dictionary meaning - one who is dying but usually used in law as one who is dead
- whats this got to do with you bunch and the royal family

Geoff
Failing to prepare means preparing to fail.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2012, 03:24:41 pm »

Not arguing any more

I hadn't really thought we were arguing Colin and I  am not arguing with what Martin has said either.

I accept that my raising it won't change anything but at least it was an honest voice for those with a similar view to mine and now I'll say no more about moderation on Chit Chat or elsewhere.

What remains then is some very strong objections to Chit Chat itself causing Martin to mention closure. Not objections from  Martin or the Moderators - I am talking about from ordinary members ................ as I asked earlier -

Everyone on here either builds, sails or both so why does it upset anyone where another member chooses to post if the posts are respectful?

Regards Dave (a famous pie eater of considerable girth :embarrassed:)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2012, 03:44:25 pm »

The comment wasn't aimed at you Dave - sorry!  :embarrassed:

I have a weakness for M&S pasties and steak slices....

Colin

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2012, 03:52:37 pm »

No Problem - it's always hard to convey exact meanings in a forum.

but face to face - well I mean - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSHaCzb3yYk  {-) {-) {-)

Dave

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2012, 08:37:09 pm »

Pies indeed.... surely one means Pasties !  :P
Nooooooooooooooo!...Pasties are something completely different,as in Cornish....half moon shaped.....pehs/pies...approx 4in dia x 2in high...on the outside and depending on the filling...between 1.1/2in ..to 1.3/4in..on the inside.....Scotch Pies...Flemings steak/gravy,...Wallace,s, Bel,s
and another Bells,...and to confuse a Pastie eater...a Wallace,s bridie..half moon shape...plain with 1 hole,..& ingin/onion...with 2 holes..oh...and the famous Bel,s Skirly pehs/pies ;then there,s the World famous Farfar/Forfar...Bridie  @1.1/2lbs in weight for the family sized one....although I know a couple of Fat B*****s,that can eat one each,and they don,t touch the sides on the way down....
.....well Dave perhaps your topic should be renamed
The Great Pie Debate {-) {-)....68+ posts and nary  an argument....great...and i,m amazed at how many like pies,...but as for M&S ...too steep for my meager pension,perhaps i should have moved down to the more affluent south,years ago,....but then again..i,d never understand a word they were sayin...if ye ken wat i mean... {-)
Wullie,s place is an apology free zone

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2012, 09:00:49 pm »

Decedent - dictionary meaning - one who is dying but usually used in law as one who is dead
- whats this got to do with you bunch and the royal family

Geoff
Now Now Puggie....keep everything on an even keel,...."you bunch"....what are our Aussie friends going to think.....probably the same as me....... ;D {-)
Wullie,s place is an apology free zone

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2012, 09:06:33 pm »

Nooooooooooooooo!...Pasties are something completely different,as in Cornish....half moon shaped.....pehs/pies...approx 4in dia x 2in high...on the outside and depending on the filling...between 1.1/2in ..to 1.3/4in..on the inside.....Scotch Pies...Flemings steak/gravy,...Wallace,s, Bel,s
and another Bells,...and to confuse a Pastie eater...a Wallace,s bridie....oh...and the famous Bel,s Skirly pehs/pies ;D
When traveling home from Prestwick, I used to pass a farm on the A70 twixt Coylton and Ochiltree called Tarelgin Farm. Now this establishment had a farm shop, and sold, indeed still sells the most amazing steak pies, they come in 1lb, 1 1/2lb 2lb, etc, packed full of the juciest chunks of steak I have ever had the good fortune to sink my gnashers into, and the gravy is to die for. These wonderous pies are made in house. They also have a smoker, a rickety old shed rather than a stainless steel piece of processing machinery, the products of which I have feasted on many times. Their black pud, square sausage and home made tatty scones are all expertly crafted on the premises. Tis a great pity I no longer travel that road, 'twas my first stop on the way home, to stock up on decent scoff and tasty treats. Here in England, most of the decent butchers have been put out of business by the big supermarkets. There used to be about 20 butchers in Wallasey, now there is only 2. Scotland has, however retained the high street butcher, and therefore the quality of Scottish food is excellent. I have put here a link to the afore mentioned vendor of fine Scottish scoff, free delivery on orders over 35 quid.
Hungry Regards,
Nick :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

http://www.tarelgin.com/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi?page=home.html
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2012, 09:17:15 pm »

Try Howards (maybe Cowards?) butchers in Frodsham high street Nick
Lovely pies and good value - the prices appear to have been Moderated %% {-) (someone has to uphold the topic :embarrassed: )
Dave

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2012, 09:19:26 pm »

Try Howards (maybe Cowards?) butchers in Frodsham high street Nick
Lovely pies and good value - the prices appear to have been Moderated %% {-) (someone has to uphold the topic :embarrassed: )
Dave
A bit far for me mate <:( <:( <:(
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

surfs up

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2012, 09:32:16 pm »

I personally quite like a nice spinach and ricotta quiche myself  %)

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2012, 09:33:02 pm »

007 is reported to have taken a job as a sheep farmer in West Wales so that when he's tending his flock, he can keep an eye on what the other sheep farmers are up to in the warm weather

So that makes him....wait for it..wait for it....a hot shepherd spy   boom boom    I'll get me coat !

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 23 queries.