Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: The great Chit Chat .... and Pie debate!  (Read 37982 times)

Stavros

Re: A Bit of Support for Chit Chat
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2012, 09:33:19 pm »

If anyone is in North Wales and passing through Conway the Pork Pies and everyother knid of Pies are to die for at Edwards of Conway Butchers on the High Street.

Oh and their Bacon and Sausage Butties well thats another story  O0 O0

Dave

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2012, 09:46:50 pm »

Is that something from Star Trek?!?
just in case you are oblivious to the fact Martin...neeps are Turnips....preferably of the Swede variety....but up here in God,s other country,..neeps ..are also someone who has little or no useable grey matter...hence the saying...he,s just a neep....i once tried to explain this to 2 Swedish bikers that i met whilst touring God,s other country....Germany....but for the life of me,i could get across to them that i was,nt trying to take the p***
as for neeps & taters/potato,s ...best served with freshly shot Haggis,.....Yewgarth loves em....but not as much as me..and they are best washed down with a fine Single Malt...or if you,re tee-total,...a glass of cold coo,juice....
Wullie,s place is an apology free zone

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2012, 09:55:28 pm »

Or if you from the Burns Country a turnip is called a tumshy and so are glaikit fowk :o
..well can you land on this?

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2012, 09:59:57 pm »

God,s other country

God's country is the Mersey Basin, where his people live, speak, and on occasion fill in anything that looks like a claims form  O0 {-)
If he laid his hand anywhere else it was the lake district and Helvelyn on his way to the Mersey

Dave

armc40

• Fall guy, it would appear !
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2012, 10:05:50 pm »

God's country is the Mersey Basin, where his people live, speak, and on occasion fill in anything that looks like a claims form  O0 {-)
If he laid his hand anywhere else it was the lake district and Helvelyn on his way to the Mersey

Dave

Aw c'mon Dave

The Wirral is acknowledged to be the Maker's favourite, and we DO love a challenge....that's why we take our teeth out to eat a scouse pie ! 
Making a mistake is not a sign of weakness. Failure to admit to having made a mistake is though !

Power corrupts whilst absolute power corrupts absolutely. Imaginary power is something else entirely !

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2012, 10:12:05 pm »

Decedent - dictionary meaning - one who is dying but usually used in law as one who is dead
- whats this got to do with you bunch and the royal family

Geoff

{-) {-) {-) {-)oops, we can't spell  %% %%
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2012, 10:13:02 pm »

But doesn't the Mersey Basin include the Wirral?

Dave

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2012, 10:13:36 pm »

Nooooooooooo,yer a wrang.....when God was makin the world...he gave us the Highlands,he gave us the sweetest water,he gave us the beautiful beaches on the west coast,....and he gave us the best salmon rivers....then one of his angels said to him,...why are you giving the Scots all these beautiful things...to which God replied...."they don,t know who there neighbours are yet....... {-)

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2012, 10:15:30 pm »

But doesn't the Mersey Basin include the Wirral?

Dave

Only cartographically speaking ( and that's NOT the signwriting on the rag man's wagon either)

Bill
Making a mistake is not a sign of weakness. Failure to admit to having made a mistake is though !

Power corrupts whilst absolute power corrupts absolutely. Imaginary power is something else entirely !

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2012, 10:21:46 pm »

and now for something completely different....me,being a pensioner..i have a bus pass,...which as everyone no doubt knows,entitle,s me to free travel,on local and regional buses,free of charge,...i can travel the length & breadth of Scotland....for nowt........and I can also take a bus to Carlisle,.....free of charge,....but strangely....not to any other English city....weird.....

chingdevil

« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2012, 10:24:07 pm »

Wullie

He gave you all that so you would be happy just once, because he knew you would all winge for ever :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Brian

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2012, 10:24:26 pm »

Have to disagree Bill - nothing to do with maps but geology and drainage. There is also a Cheshire basin but I don't think the Wirral falls in it (pun unintended)

Dave

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: A Bit of Support for Chit Chat- AKA the great Pie debate
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2012, 10:24:40 pm »

Dave,

Methinks what happens is the button on the bottom right, report to moderator, gets whacked quite a bit by ??????????????????????? hence moderation, which might take the moderators some time to see what the problem is if any.

Until that button is neutralised, which shouldn't happen, then we maintain the status quo, after all, we really can't expect the moderators to be across all threads to nip things in the bud ASAP.

All in all it's a good result.

Still think you guys don't know what a good pie is.

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2012, 10:27:46 pm »

Dave,

Methinks what appens is the button on the bottom right, report to mderator, gets whacked quite a bit by ??????????????????????? hence moderation, which might take teh moderators some time to see what the problem is if any.

Until that button is neutralised, which shouldn't happen, then we maintain the status quo, after all, we really can't expect the moderators to be across all threads to nip things in the bud ASAP.

All in all it's a good result.

Still think you guys don't know what a good pie is.

"we really can't expect the moderators to be across all threads to nip things in the bud ASAP"

fait vos jours medammes et messieurs

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2012, 10:37:46 pm »

What remains then is some very strong objections to Chit Chat itself causing Martin to mention closure. Not objections from  Martin or the Moderators - I am talking about from ordinary members ................ as I asked earlier -

Everyone on here either builds, sails or both so why does it upset anyone where another member chooses to post if the posts are respectful?

I'm not out for mischief so I simply left behind the moderation question this afternoon - it was just going to annoy someone if I continued, but I asked the above question - but so far no one has said why any members respectable posts on Chit Chat are upsetting them in any way. Oh I can see why offensive posts do but I'm not on about those ones

Regards Dave

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2012, 10:38:31 pm »

Have to disagree Bill - nothing to do with maps but geology and drainage. There is also a Cheshire basin but I don't think the Wirral falls in it (pun unintended)

Dave

maybe not..but at least WALLASONIANS take their vests off to have a bath !   so there  

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2012, 10:42:22 pm »

"we really can't expect the moderators to be across all threads to nip things in the bud ASAP"

fait vos jours medammes et messieurs

Out ere its all Greek or double Dutch {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2012, 10:43:34 pm »

maybe not..but at least WALLASONIANS take their vests off to have a bath !   so there  
Wallaseyans, not Wallasonians, as in The Old Wallaseyans Club :-)) :-)) :-))
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2012, 10:44:58 pm »

I'm not out for mischief so I simply left behind the moderation question this afternoon - it was just going to annoy someone if I continued, but I asked the above question - but so far no one has said why any members respectable posts on Chit Chat are upsetting them in any way. Oh I can see why offensive posts do but I'm not on about those ones

Regards Dave

Agreed, but unfortunately respectable is in the eye of the beholder, take pies for example {-) {-)

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2012, 10:45:50 pm »

Out ere its all Greek or double Dutch {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

Specially for the less cosmopolitan amongst us.....Fait Vos Jours is Euro speak for  ' you wanna bet..wack ' ?

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2012, 10:47:32 pm »

Wallaseyans, not Wallasonians, as in The Old Wallaseyans Club :-)) :-)) :-))

The Old Wallaseyans Club    aren't they the guys who play soccer with odd shaped balls ?

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2012, 10:49:33 pm »

Agreed, but unfortunately respectable is in the eye of the beholder, take pies for example {-) {-)

So what's NOT respectable about pies ?  The PC (pie crust) brigade get just about everywhere nowadays !  >>:-(

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2012, 10:51:12 pm »

You bathe over there - when did that start?  {-)

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2012, 10:53:13 pm »

You bathe over there - when did that start?  {-)

Same time as the Fish n Chip boat went metric !

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2012, 10:53:54 pm »

But when requests are being made to end an entire board then we are certainly talking about very many respectable posts

Dave
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.