Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: revell Glasgow tanker, the guns  (Read 2625 times)

jamnjammer53150

• Shipmate
revell Glasgow tanker, the guns
« on: August 03, 2012, 02:49:36 pm »

I have the revell Glasgow tanker , and I  have heard that there one was a war time oiler built using the kit . There are even deck guns in the kit but I cant sort out where thy would go. nor can i find any reference photos of the tanker in war time configuration . any help would be nice as i wnat to make it up nive with pe rails and catwalks and th elike

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Re: revell Glasgow tanker, the guns
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 03:44:42 pm »

The revell kit is an old chestnut, it's been around for years.  It's a fair representation of the "T2" class of tanker and you'll find chapter and verse on them here on the interweb- thingie!  They built literally hundreds of them.  It's a shame it's to such an odd scale as only Heller had any warships that would match the 1/400th scale but you could still make a neat diorama using one of those.
Standard T2 tankers were pressed into service with the U.S.Navy as the Kennebec class oiler.  T2-As were converted to fleet oilers as the Mattaponi class.

No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

jamnjammer53150

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 07:52:43 pm »

Well the 400 scale allbeit odd . airfix makes a montgomery destroyer and the superdelux titanic with the brass and wooden deck is in 400. And that is why i got the tanker so i would have somthing
to keep the titanic company .

I got some 1/350 Aitcraft carrier catwalks for it , and plety of 400 rail . So it will be a fun one . Granted I am new here but I am known for building oddball subjects

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 09:00:23 pm »

jamnjammer53150

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 01:03:05 am »

Thats the icket !! thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.