Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motors for my 1/9th scale 43ft RSL  (Read 1558 times)

davejay

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Swindon Model Boat and Engineering Club
Motors for my 1/9th scale 43ft RSL
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:23:58 pm »

Hi all,
A question of suitability really.....I've been looking on modelboatbits website and noticed the motors on there which I hope might be suitable for my current build........the motors in question are the 750 speed which has an rpm of 18,800 and draws 1.3amp @ 12v no load and the other motor is the 900 high torque with an rpm of 3000 and a no load current draw of 0.4amp @12v...........question is, does the higher the rpm make for a better motor to push my boat along (shes a beast at 69 inches x 18 inches) or is it lower rpm and high torque make it more suitable?............also dependant on which motor I go for, what would be the best electrical set up be??.....i.e which esc's, which batteries etc......I intend using a throttle/rudder mixer as I'm running two motors!!
Hope someone can help, all the best,

Dave
Imagine a world without boats!
Its not easy, I wont try, I just wont let it happen!

Stavros

Re: Motors for my 1/9th scale 43ft RSL
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 09:14:36 pm »

What size of prop are you going to use are they going to be 2/3/4 bladers that would help a lot just to know this.Perosnally I would go for ACTion electronics YES I am Biased ..............WHY ..........It is a British Company with superb products That WORK straight away and Dave Milburn is at the end of the Phone f you want advise etc

Dave

davejay

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Swindon Model Boat and Engineering Club
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 09:20:30 pm »

Hi Dave,
I will probably be using 2 bladers (X type) for running and 3 blade scale props for display, although I would love to run on scale props all the time.
Think action is the way forward, would prefer to use thier electrics throughout!

Regards,

Dave
Imagine a world without boats!
Its not easy, I wont try, I just wont let it happen!

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 09:31:48 pm »

Now we are getting somewhwere !!!! Right defo 900's it will be using 55mm 2 bladers run them 24v on EACH motor but you MUST water cool them it will realy go well on that set up

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.