Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rota craft transformer 12volt dc  (Read 3258 times)

decky learner

• Shipmate
rota craft transformer 12volt dc
« on: August 07, 2012, 08:19:55 pm »

hi ,I'm a new boy on the block. have built two tug boats,the lady wooes and brackengarth both from mobile marine.fantastic tugs to build.I am now building a 1920 life boat Ann Letitia Russell,when finished  (i hope) will look great. I have a problem ,hope somebody can help .I have a  rota craft jig saw and the transformer has packed up and i have checked the accessories range and their is not a transformer listed, can anyone tell me where i can get a replacement Rota Craft  RC1500  model LK- D120150 Output 12v DC 1500mA
                                      many thanks
                                                           Decky Learner 

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: rota craft transformer 12volt dc
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 08:46:10 pm »

You have not said if you need a variable speed control. What about a Hornby etc train transformer? Should be one at a boot fair. Any 12v dc transformer giving the req amps will do. Not sure about a Proxxon tool one? Or a Dremel? Good luck John.

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:08:40 pm »

I have a  rota craft jig saw and the transformer has packed up and i have checked the accessories range and their is not a transformer listed, can anyone tell me where i can get a replacement Rota Craft  RC1500  model LK- D120150 Output 12v DC 1500mA

This looks like the sort of thing you're looking for.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-12V-1500mA-1-5A-AC-DC-Power-ac-adapter-Power-Supply-/140362375760

Cost £8. They don't do the transformer as an accessory because it's wired to the jigsaw, so you'll have to wire it into the jigsaw yourself - make sure you get the right polarity. Just cut the wires and connect them correctly. Where are you? Perhaps someone close can help...

Alternatively, the best price I can find for a complete new one is here: http://abcmodelsport.net/c40615/Power-tools.html  -  £36...

decky learner

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:14:15 pm »

hi John
             thanks for the quick reply,the boot fair sounds a great idea,will try it.Its a 12volt transformer, It already has a variable speed control built into the jig saw
                                                     many thanks Decky Learner

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:31:27 pm »

Sorry did not know that you had a built in transformer. It might be worthwhile with the mains plug out of course, having a look inside as a fix may be possible. There just might be an internal fuse, wire off etc. Have fun John.

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 11:02:55 pm »

ive used a national company for some electrical equipment , www.tlc-direct.co.uk

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 11:09:12 pm »

ref tlc , they sell bench top power supplies from £13.50 for a 5 amp 13.8 volt dc  up to 40 amp units priced at £ 75  we have one of the 5 amp units which we use for checking sip to shore radios with

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 08:43:02 am »

This looks like the sort of thing you're looking for.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-12V-1500mA-1-5A-AC-DC-Power-ac-adapter-Power-Supply-/140362375760

Cost £8. They don't do the transformer as an accessory because it's wired to the jigsaw, so you'll have to wire it into the jigsaw yourself - make sure you get the right polarity. Just cut the wires and connect them correctly. Where are you? Perhaps someone close can help...

Alternatively, the best price I can find for a complete new one is here: http://abcmodelsport.net/c40615/Power-tools.html  -  £36...

I can't see what's wrong with this one - AFAICS it's exactly the same as the original, and only £8 with postage included.  But £13.50 at TLC becomes £20+ when VAT and Post are added...

decky learner

• Shipmate
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 06:20:20 pm »

Thanks guys. £8 doesent sound to bad to me ,cant understand why thy don't supply them in the accessories sales line. without one the unit is bin fodder (must be me getting old its the throw a way age) and its a nice little jig saw cheers

PLAcard

• Shipmate
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 06:02:32 pm »

Hi, I've used Maplin in the past for transformers and power supplies.  They may be of use.

First ever post, so hope it is of use!

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 08:22:11 pm »

Minicraft do transformers, The one I have got for my mini jigsaw and mini sander is a MB730.
If you don,t need it to be variable can you use a jelly cell battery to plug onto?

john

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 08:47:52 pm »

If anyone's interested, I put this post up, entitled "    Anyone need a transformer for a power supply?" last February. It gives a link which did some amazingly cheap transformers - just a couple of quid. The one I bought cost about the same as they paid to post it - I bought a 180KV transformer weighing 7lb for the cost of the postage plus 50p.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=35473.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.