Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe U47 Antenna Bracket on Accurate Armor Type VII conning tower  (Read 1652 times)

• Full Mayhemer

Looking for a little advise on finishing by Robbe U47. I as using the  Accurate Armor Type VII conning tower. I'm ready to mount the fore and aft antennas to the conning tower. Since where the antenna bracket should be mounted is on the wave deflector my concern is that the resin is very fragile there. I was thinking of use Stabilt adhesive along with reinforcing through the resin wave deflector and the antenna brace with small metal pins say a 1mm. The antenna line will have light springs attached to them in the hull to keep a slight pressure.
Any ideas or am I over thinking this? 
John 

bonehead

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Robbe U47 Antenna Bracket on Accurate Armor Type VII conning tower
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 08:54:43 am »

how about using some small gauge brass or alluminium tube through the resin and threading the arial through that? That or reinforce the resin beneath the wave deflector with thin brass sheet and blend in with filler? Just a thought.......

By the way - this was my old one from around 5 years ago.....  :embarrassed:

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Robbe U47 Antenna Bracket on Accurate Armor Type VII conning tower
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:04:45 am »

Pinned and glued should be near indestructible, within the limits of how strong the structure is you're bonding into- chain always breaks at the weakest link. Really not possible to make a boat with fine detail impervious to damage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.