Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adolph Bermphol  (Read 4738 times)

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Adolph Bermphol
« on: March 09, 2008, 09:04:57 pm »

Just finished spraying the Bermphol, fitted with twin motor/prop running off 12 volt, originally half built as a static model i have now 90%finished her, just a few more small fittings/rigging to add.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Adolph Bermphol
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 09:22:06 pm »

Very nice looking model  O0
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Powered Boat Mouldings

• Full Mayhemer
    • PBM + HSL Mouldings
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 08:35:52 pm »

Hi Rus
        Nice model you have there, gives me inspiration to do something with the one I acquired some 10 years ago. FYI a friend of mine went to Germany when these boats were in service, the funny thing he said was that the real boats looked more model like than the models. What he was implying was they were pristine and highly polished. Strange that considering we allways imagine some weathering of some sort should be applied to models in general. Funny old world!!

Regards Rob.

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 09:44:47 pm »

Thanks guys  O0 

Stavros

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 10:10:51 pm »

Can you post some piccies of the hull interior especially the recoverey mechanism cheers

Stavros

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 06:30:22 pm »

There is no recovery system on this one it was built as a static originally so the stern door is fixed in position.

Russ

cdsc123

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 10:37:27 pm »

Go to www.movietone.com and see story No: 61559 (you will need to register), a smaller lifeboat doing it's stuff including launch and recovery of the daughter vessel. Beware though, once you start browsing this (and the Pathe) site you will become hooked.

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 05:46:56 pm »

Just finished adding some decals to the Bermphol, got these made up at the local sign-writers who does the comapny vans! What a star!  O0

17-21

• Full Mayhemer
  • I love lifeboats,but don't tell the wife!!
    • Phils Rc Models
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 08:17:18 pm »

This is my one all working not used it for about 12 months but after seeing yours I will get it ready for the wicksteed weekend.
You have done a grand job O0 O0

Phil 17-21

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 08:36:50 pm »

Fantastic boat there Phil, i still have some detailing to do on mine and looking at yours i think i have made my lettering a tad to big  :(

Where did you get the figures from, scale looks spot on.

Russ

17-21

• Full Mayhemer
  • I love lifeboats,but don't tell the wife!!
    • Phils Rc Models
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 07:41:23 pm »

Russ they are make by a company called Preiser the part Number is 57806 they are a set of 7 firemen at 1:24 scale which you can make up and paint, just mod them a bit to suit the Adolph.
Just found them at this web address http://www.gaugemaster.co.uk and in stock on page 3 of the preiser page at £8.50.

Phil  O0

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 10:01:13 pm »

Yes they are pretty good  O0

I am after some decent figures for my Weser.

Russ

lifeboat paul

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 01:37:30 am »

Hi, I have used the figures you mention and alterd them to suit , I have used them on my Theodor Huess (SAR boat) you can see some pics of it in the main page of this site Warick pics and hop farm pics .

Regards Paul.

lucifer

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 12:26:16 pm »

Hi sorry to be a pest but I'm looking at buying an Adolph bermphol kit as I've been offered one but I was wondering if anyone could explain how the boat retrieval system works for her daughter boat?

Is it some sort of pulley system and rollers as I can't seem to find any good pics or details of the workings

Thanks
Jay

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 02:52:52 pm »

This boat was seen in Astoria, Oregon, USA a few weeks ago...

bogstandard

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 07:34:56 pm »

Jay,

The retrieval system on the kits and as supplied as a fittings kit dates back to the late 60's early 70's when the boat was first kitted by Graupner, I think under a different name, but still the same ship, and had a polystyrene foam hull

The system works by having a long screw thread the length of the open compartment when the superstructure is removed. Attached to the screw system is just a length of wire with a loop on the end, that sticks out of the superstructure at the base of the funnel, The loop as far as I can remember is only needed for retrieval, launch is by gravity, when the tailgate drops. When lifting the daughter boat, it is steered into the drop door rear well, the wire with the loop on the end comes out and catches hold of the small bollard on the front deck of the daughter boat, which is then pulled up the ramp. The motion of the rear door closing should then push the daughter boat forwards and disconnect the loop, ready for the next launch.

Things have progressed a lot since then, and much more efficient designs for retrieval have been discovered, ranging from like a conveyor system that raises and lowers the daughter boat, to the use of a sail winch on a closed loop system. All much more compact and less intrusive into the main working compartment.

I found all these methods by trolling German web sites, just by searching for Adolph Bermphol. Unfortunately I sold my kit to a member on this site, and I think I gave him the web addresses with the info on. So if he is reading and doesn't mind showing who he is, he just might have the info already.

Hope this has helped.

John

lucifer

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 09:46:56 am »

Well just got the kit with all fittings and special function set and it looks like it’s going to be a good build.
After seeing the parts for the special function kit and the boat retrieval system I think I will have to design and build something a bit special I’m thinking of maybe having some sort of conveyer belt or rotating rollers but will have to have a play and see what will work with a wet hull.

Thank
Jay

bogstandard

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 09:14:25 pm »

Jay,

I put this link in the other thread, this one looks more scale than any others that I have come across.

http://www.lippold.net/bermpohl.html

Everything that you need to design and make is on there, even a vid of it in operation. Of all the ones I have seen this looks the most realistic and accurate on the uplift.

John

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.