Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 little ones.  (Read 3004 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
2 little ones.
« on: May 09, 2007, 05:33:51 pm »

2 from Brian Hodgeson of TMBC.
Both or these craft are less than 2' long but sail beautifully.
Notes from a simple seaman

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: 2 little ones.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 03:22:30 am »

Very nice
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

John C

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 05:26:57 pm »

Any more info available re: plans, build or internals etc ?

Just interested as I'm sure TT would be, the general consensus seems to be that larger models sail better because you can't scale down wind.

But these two look more than ok on the water in the photo's, what's this guy done differently or is it just a myth?

I for one would be interested

Regards

John C  ???

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 02:14:57 am »

Does the one in the bottom picture have an electric motor running?

John C

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 05:02:31 pm »

I think you may have answered my question there TT, either model didn't look to have too much wind in the sails although they do look good on the water  ;)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 07:00:06 pm »

To Tigertiger and John.c
Sorry I did'nt answer this earlier...sail is'nt really my thing (although I admire the art).
Both of these models were built by Brian Hodgeson of TMBC...also look at 2 of his little lifeboats (RNLI type).
Brian (like myself) is quite reclusive and no-one ever knows what he is up to....except that it will be little. Kitchen table jobs apparently, and he has little in the way of "facililties" (from what I can gather) (not his own facililities, you understand). Some of his models do have a motor... but he only uses it when required. Like lining up for a photo or berthing against the wind. Generally the boats are wind powered. He has a couple of others that I have'nt been able to picture yet. A good modeller who enjoys his craft...and craft it is compared to mine that sometimes need a good welly to get things to fit.
If you have any Q's to ask of Brian pass them thru me and I'll do my best for answers.
Notes from a simple seaman

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 03:02:52 am »

To Tigertiger and John.c
Sorry I did'nt answer this earlier...sail is'nt really my thing (although I admire the art).
Both of these models were built by Brian Hodgeson of TMBC...also look at 2 of his little lifeboats (RNLI type).
Brian (like myself) is quite reclusive and no-one ever knows what he is up to....except that it will be little. Kitchen table jobs apparently, and he has little in the way of "facililties" (from what I can gather) (not his own facililities, you understand). Some of his models do have a motor... but he only uses it when required. Like lining up for a photo or berthing against the wind. Generally the boats are wind powered. He has a couple of others that I have'nt been able to picture yet. A good modeller who enjoys his craft...and craft it is compared to mine that sometimes need a good welly to get things to fit.
If you have any Q's to ask of Brian pass them thru me and I'll do my best for answers.

Thanks Bryan

mulleted

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 07:23:02 pm »

Both of those yachts are a credit to the builder, nice work mate, wish I had your skills ( and itty bitty fingers....).
Tho both are nice, the top one has just sent me back to the drafting board (well, autocad really, the days of inky fingers and sweaty stretched tracing paper are long gone.... ;D).
What do you think about a square rigged footy?? If I use a main and mizzen and a bowsprit I should be able to get 2 sails on the main, a driver and 2 foresails....hmm.
Appologies for moving off topic, back to task.
Lovely craft, congradulate the builder from me.
Those older styles really have a soul that modern craft seem to lack (imho).

Anyhow, fair winds.
Mulleted
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.