Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, new boater here.  (Read 1259 times)

SpaceNarwhal

• Shipmate
Hello, new boater here.
« on: August 11, 2012, 02:24:33 pm »

Hi everyone,

I'm a complete newbie to model boating, so don't be suprised if I start to ask stupid or obvious questions :embarrassed:

A friend of mine (with 3 sheds and a living room full of weird and wonderful model boats) took me down to his local club meet with a 7 foot Oil Tanker (!) and after seeing some of the other boats sailing there, I was bitten by the model boat bug.

A while ago, I was given a stripped out hull of an Aerokits Fairey Swordsman, and after spending many years under the car in the garage while I worked on full size boat engines, I decided it was time to drag it out and see what could be done with it.

I took it to my local RC shop, who helped identify it, and doing a few google searches that night, I found this forum and a few threads regarding this kind of boat.

Any advice on powering such a boat would be well received.

I have yet to join a club, but if anyone could recommend one in the Sheffield or Milton Keynes area I would be grateful.

It's going to be a long term project, since finances and time are both rather limited, but I hope I will be able to find help here towards getting the boat out of the shed and back on the pond again.

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello, new boater here.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 03:36:05 pm »

hi and welcome to the site  :-))

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello, new boater here.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 08:52:42 pm »

Hi SpaceNarwhal and welcome to the Forum.

We have a few 'Swordsman' enthusiasts on here who will be only too willing to help you.

Have fun

Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.