Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: keil kraft  (Read 2746 times)

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
keil kraft
« on: August 12, 2012, 02:22:25 pm »

could any body tell me if keil kraft are still in buisness if so what are the unmade wooden boats worth

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
Re: keil kraft
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:28:44 pm »

A bit of history here about when they ceased production.... http://modelboats.hobby-site.com/index.html  You might want to contact the site to have a chat about what you've got as he has been looking for originals.... eezebilt @ hotmail. co. uk without the gaps of course...  :-)
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 02:38:22 pm »

thanks for information nothing about the pilot boat 

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 02:57:45 pm »

I know that Lesro did a Pilot Boat but not that Keil Kraft did.....  have you got a photo of the box it comes in ?  Oh and Veron did I think ....  {:-{
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 03:23:23 pm »

sorry got my p@q crossed on the box,, is sole distributors  keil kraft for  lesro models 

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 05:03:46 pm »

could any body tell me if keil kraft are still in buisness if so what are the unmade wooden boats worth

I think that Keil Kraft actually made very few boat kits - just their EeZeBilt range and their 'Galleon' range of static galleons (and the Galleons were originally a separate company). However, they were sole distributors for several other kit ranges - Maycraft, Aerokits and MarineCraft, for example. They also did a range of polystyrene boat kits, and sold Bowman yachts for a while...

Keil Kraft, as the site indicates, are now long gone. Amerang hold the rights to the name but are entirely interested in a wide range of model imports and no longer manufacture anything wooden. If Keil Kraft were still in business you would have no trouble finding out what price their kits were!

Unmade Keil Kraft kits go for varying prices, depending on what you have got. If it's the LesRo pilot boat, that will be a fairly recent model - but it's rarer than the common RAF Crash Tender. I guess it should go for over £100, but probably not as much as £200. At the moment there's an Aerokits Patrol Torpedo Boat being sold - a bigger kit of the same vintage, with the accessories but without plans (which, incidentally, are readily available). I would watch that, it will probably go for much the same as the Pilot Boat would:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-Model-Kit-Keilkraft-Aerokits-Torpedo-Boat-/170890585238?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item27c9df6496

I'm sure that people on the board would appreciate a few pictures of the kit, if you have them....

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 07:40:30 pm »

hi have put a couple photos on sales it is a lesro kit perfect in all ways  plans are clean  if it is that good will put it on e bay 

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 07:47:40 pm »

Looks nice too! If I didn't have so much on at the moment I'd have a go at that myself but you shouldn't have any problem finding a buyer !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.