Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, All...  (Read 1166 times)

Clayfeld

• Shipmate
Hello, All...
« on: August 13, 2012, 04:06:14 pm »

My name is Clay Feldman and I'm static ship modeler- that is, the *models* are static. I'm joining this Twelve Step Program you have here to see if I can successfully convert (at least for a while) from long-time nautical research and writing about static scratchbuilding projects to doing the same as an RC modeler. I've learned about radio-control over the last two years by crashing a succession of beginners' airplanes and now am ready for water-borne activity. I'm in the process of planking a 1:40  model of Chapman's Bermuda sloop, a 1748 square-rigged sloop, right now. The frame is of 1/4" birch ply (just seven formers) and the planking is 1/16" birch ply. I will be sheathing and slushing below the waterline (fiberglass and paint) and doing scale hardwood planking above. I have a general idea now of how control systems work, but will need lots of help in execution.

Best to all,
Clay Feldman
San Jose, California

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello, All...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 05:13:14 pm »

welcome to the site , if you need help just holler  :-))

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 05:42:39 pm »

Hi Clay and Welcome to the Mayhem!

I'm sure many of us would like to see picture and progress of your current build.   :-))

Martin
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Clayfeld

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 08:43:33 pm »

Thanks for the welcomes. I certainly will holler as needed...frequently! I'll post pics of my current project, my first RC sailing model, over on the "Yachts/Sail" forum. I assume that's the correct place.

Clay
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.