Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Knightcote Model Boat Club  (Read 6122 times)

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
Knightcote Model Boat Club
« on: July 22, 2006, 08:39:25 pm »

The club is located in Knightcote near Southam in Warwickshire, and is about a 10 minute drive from Junction 12 of the M40.   We have our own 1/4 acre water which is open for sailing from 8am to dusk every day of the year.   Our members are friendly and helpful, and we sail electric, steam and sail, but sorry, no ic.   We have a clubhouse with tea/coffee making facilities.   If you are in the area, telephone  Derek on 01926640045 and someone will come along and meet you.   Pete M
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

kendalboatsman

Re: Knightcote Model Boat Club
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 09:08:40 pm »

Hello Pete,

I live in South Birmingham and am looking to join a club, do you have general club sailing days. I would like to come and have a look soon but have nothing to float at the moment although I have a restoration on the cards and have just finished building a workbench so i can get on with my modelling. Junction 12 is the Gaydon turn isn't it?

Regards
Clive

SallyB

• Just Sally
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 11:47:05 am »

Hello, I've been trying to find a contact for Knightcote mbc but I have been unable to, I would be highly greatful if someone could pass this message on to the club!

'My name is Sally Butler and I am contacting you on behalf of Kingsbury Water Park Model Boat club. We would like to formally invite all model boat club members to celebrate our 40th anniversary on JULY 1ST 2012.
We are having an open day at the lake and all clubs, modellers and merchandise stalls are invited.
There will be an organised events scheme throughout the day and we are encouraging all boat types to come!
Scale, fast electric, IC's, Offshore, Hydro, Warships, Steam Powered, Sails, Tugs, Club 500 and whatever else you could have built! Prizes will be awarded for event winners and there will be a raffle held.
The club is accessible to disabled members and is an ideal family environment. When you enter the park you will drive past the cafe and information centre which is beside our newly built locomotive train ride! The children's park has just been rebuilt lakeside so don't be afraid to bring family and your children! The park also contains many hidden nature trails for you to venture around our various lakes.
Kingsbury members will be in World War 2 British costumes (not compulsory but amusing!) and all are welcome to join as it is the year of the jubilee... Should you be interested contact myself by replying to this email or malcolm.pratt@homecall.co.uk for more details and to register your club for your event!
You can find additional information on our club from our website, http://www.kwpmbc.co.uk/
Don't feel shy to contact us or ask questions and we really hope that we can see you all there armed with boats galore ready for a wonderful day!

Best regards and hoping to see you lakeside soon,
Sally Butler.'

Many thanks!
Life is what you make of it, so i'll see you lakeside :)

petermun

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 01:44:55 pm »

Sally, I am no longer on the KMBC committee, but I will pass the details to our Sec.   Regards, Pete M

montessa315

• Full Mayhemer
  • I should do it which way?
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 07:24:31 pm »

Just an update.  Knightcote Model Boat Club now has a new website.  :}

www.kmbc.yolasite.com

Thank you.

Alan....
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.