Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no, not another TVR1A!  (Read 38024 times)

GreenSteam

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Oh no, not another TVR1A!
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2017, 01:05:30 pm »

Looks like a great thread, and build!  (No time to read it now, so I'm subscribing so I don't miss out on reading it, later.)

Thanks,

GreenSteam

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2017, 12:46:20 pm »

Just a suggestion that doesn't appear to be covered in the thread. When setting the timing, the instructions are very 'monkey see, monkey do' and if the end result isn't what you hoped for, you may be flummoxed if unfamiliar with steam plant. If you adjust one end to sort a problem, how do you know that the other end isn't affecting the problem, at least in part and you end up chasing your tail?

My solution was to get the valve travel adjustment as accurate as possible. Then I slipped a spade blank cut from a drinks can between the block and cylinder inlet flange at one end. (Watch out you don't damage the gasket.) Thus with one end isolated, I could adjust the other until it was running as near-perfect as possible. Swop the blank to the other cylinder and repeat. Remove blank and the engine should be running at its best.

Barry M

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
Re: Oh no, not another TVR1A! - Missing pictures
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2017, 06:41:05 pm »

When I wrote this log, I hosted most of the pictures on Photobucket and they were displayed here via that site.  Photobucket have now decided they will not allow that unless I pay them $400 a year.  >:-o I am not about to do that, so I can only apologise for the lack of pictures.  If there is a particular aspect of this build you want to follow up, PM me and I will try and send you the relevant pictures.

Sorry - and steer clear of Photobucket!

Greg

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2017, 02:21:51 am »

We're working on a way to reinsert them back into original post here on Mayhem  so:

1. Download your photos from Photobucket.  ( Downloading them, even if you still have originals retains the upload file name )
2. You can use Photobucket 'Album download' or
3. Or use Chrome -
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-album-downloa/jmpbbfglflhdhbmimlcacoojpkeopelc?hl=en

Also see: http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,58456.msg611157.html#msg611157

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2017, 01:18:58 pm »

Thanks Martin. And well done for working so hard to get this mess sorted out.  :-))
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.