Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pini Modelli  (Read 4588 times)

Daryl

Pini Modelli
« on: May 10, 2006, 12:59:17 pm »

I spotted at the weekend a link on Mayhems front page about Pini Modelli, interesting web site in pidgeon English.

I spotted two models at a odd scale 1/160 of the Scharnhorst and Bismarck, so off went a e-mail. So far no reply, as anyone else seen this web site or heard of them? It looks a small company and from what I can gleam from the site something to do with Amati.

The pictures in the gallery seem to show some very good packing, kits supplied in a crate, the picture of two of the mouldings show them in bright blue and the hull light grey but with very little detail on them. Nothing that can't be fixed ort added to.

They do a couple of yacht kits which look interesting, anyone heard of them or as any thoughts about them.

Daryl

maninthestreet

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Pini Modelli
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 02:12:19 pm »

Any website that requires you to install connection software on your pc to use it worries me.

anmo

• Full Mayhemer
  • That's unpossible!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 02:43:44 pm »

Any website that requires you to install connection software on your pc to use it worries me.

Couldn't agree more, the internet is dangerous enough without actually going out and looking for trouble. Registering is OK, but I'd never download software to look at a site.
caution, may contain traces of nuts .....

Daryl

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 03:13:46 pm »

Connection software??? I didn't get that, was that in a pop up as our network at work blocks them so from my terminal I never see anything like that. We also ahve some very good anti-virus software which alerts us to anything a bit dodgy.

Tried Google and the same site appeared without any mention of connection software, if it did I would have avoided it as that can cause no end of problems.

Daryl

maninthestreet

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 10:52:45 pm »

I have my IE settings set such that I am prompted whether or not to allow active-X controls to run; I get this prompt when I go to that site, I reply 'NO' to the prompt. This causes another prompt to appear stating that I have to install the connection software to visit the site, along with a guarantee that is 100% virus free (well, they would say that, wouldn't they?).

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 11:31:59 pm »

I get to the site no problems , BUT , I do get the small pop-up with the connection bits i'm just wondering if its an adversiement for different ISP's in Italy not a direct dialer.

Lovely models but one hell-uva price !!!

Davie
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Daryl

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 08:56:22 am »

Um... yes not exactly cheep are they, also they don't appear to answer e-mails. When I looked at the English translation it mentioned that Trees were included in the Bismarck kit. Perhaps they had an arboretum on board!

Strange colour scheme for Scharnhorst?

I have never heard of them before but the kits look interesting.

Daryl

Daryl

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 08:43:57 pm »

One of my mates at work spotted something on the photos of the Scharnhorst, the hull between A turret and the ancour hawse is pinced in. When we look at pictures of both the Bismarck and Scharnhorst we noticed quite a few errors in what we think is very expensive kits, for the price they want I think the customer should expect better accuracy. For instance the directors on the turrets are flush with the sides instead of sticking outas seen on the Bismarck, AA guns look like wedges with tubes stuck on them unlike the real thing. Paint scheme on Scharnhorst as far as I can make out never existed, ( blue turret tops did for a short while), etc etc.

Still no reply from my e-mail to the address on the site, but on the site there is good pictures of the packing crate!

I wonder how many they have sold, not a lot I think.

Daryl

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.