Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saito Steam Experience / Delta Queen  (Read 3020 times)

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
Saito Steam Experience / Delta Queen
« on: April 29, 2007, 01:51:12 am »

I recently purchased a Saito Delta Queen kit along with Saito TBF boiler & Ty-2DR engine & would appreciate hearing from any Saito owners their own personal experiences with this steam plant.

Also does anyone have Saito's specification or instruction sheets for either the boiler or steam engine that they can forward to me?  For whatever reason, I cannot access Saito's website from China & am interested in learning more about the equipment before I take possession later next month.  Thanks.

Chuck
"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Saito Steam Experience
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 03:48:17 am »

Moving into Steam hey?

Good move.

Look forwards to that. Hope you will post a build log.

To access the site use a proxy server. I have PMd you on this.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 04:39:28 am »

SAITO TY-2 DR STEAM SIDE MOUNT  (2) CYLINDER

this may help you.  Peter

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 07:11:30 am »

Thanks for the assist guys!

Yes, I always wanted to build the DQ ever since I was a little kid getting in trouble on the Ohio River.  I was raised less than 1/4 mile from the river & always loved to hear her arrival a few miles south of our hometown with the sounds of her steam whistle & calliope playing Dixieland tunes!   

She should fit right in with the rest of my 1/72 fleet: Gato, Type VIIc & MTB boats, but I don't think I'll paint her in navy gray when she served in the USN as YFB-56 ferrying troops across SF Bay in the '40s.  She'll be white wearing the colors of the Green Line when she was based in Cincinnati when I rode on her as a boy. 

I have a build post already started over at Paddleducks thanks to Derek, one of the PD moderators.   Instead of duplicating everything here, I'll just post the link & advise of updates as they occur. 

http://www.paddleducks.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11950#11950

Chuck

"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.