Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAF Jaguars.  (Read 6460 times)

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: RAF Jaguars.
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 03:51:10 pm »

Hi Brian
I don't think you are being argumentative more inquisitive but if you don't want to get
murdered don't post thing like
"Perhaps the answer is to go the Canadian way and merge all services."   ;D (just teasing)

That said did you know the Canadians have hailed it as a disaster in merging the services.
I agree with what you say in that the way that service personnel are trained specifically for their
roles.  For this reason it is clearly written down that regardless of rank if personnel are embarked
on board a ship the senior naval officer is in charge until they reach their destination, same goes with
the RAF if you are getting transported by air.

Colin

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: RAF Jaguars.
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007, 03:57:12 pm »

Was there not some speculation not so long ago that the American's were thinking of not making the joint strike fighter available to the British navy despite them being involed in the specs for the JSF, as the USA wanted to keep them all for themselves.
Hi, George. Read todays newspapers (8th May) and read between the lines re- the US intentions for the JSC. I think they are going to pull the plug. And where does that leave our forward thinking, dumbed down, headline grabbing, cost cutting, money grabbing and morally bankrupt bunch of 5th raters who have the nerve to call themselves the Government of the United Kingdom?

If that is the case then I heard they would goto plan Z produce a maritime version of the typhoon(eurofighter)
but that would need some serious reworking but it should be possible.

the french managed it with the Rafale and that was a copy of the eurofighter

Colin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.