Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tech News....  (Read 1203 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Tech News....
« on: August 22, 2012, 12:25:24 am »

Windows 8
.... it's coming!
 {:-{

Windows 8
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
Re: Tech News....
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 12:37:31 am »

I've seen opinions that suggest Microsoft are continuing their normal trend for alternate OS desirability: 95 - ugh!, XP - yay!, Vista - ugh!, 7 - yay!, 8 - ???

I've only just (last 12 months) got all our PCs onto 7, and the only touch-screens we've got are on Androids, so I'm not doing 8 for a loooong time .... until Windows 9 probably :)

bikerdude999

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:41:08 am »

uhhh, Yay?

Still using a mix of Windows XP, and Windows NT 4.0 at work. And yes it's still awful, and still breaks down every 5 minutes, during 1 job (normally about 3 hours) I had to completely stop all processes and restart the system 13 times!!! meaning the job actually took nearly 5 hours!  {:-{ %%

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 05:39:31 pm »

Through a process of dumb luck and more dumb luck, I managed to avoid the alternate stinkers.  As to reliability, I have not had a Windows fall over since 3.1.  Programs running under it and hardware, yes.  The very occasional reload when I have introduced a pig into the wire, but nothing I could lay at the door of the OS.
With their interface of uncertain name for W8 it looks like they are trying to alienate their existing users while at the same time avoiding having any appeal to prospective ones.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.