Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unknown yacht model  (Read 19838 times)

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
Re: Unknown yacht model
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2012, 02:18:13 pm »

As the rudder tube runs all the way through the hull, I was wondering it it would work if I put the servo under the deck but ran the links to an arm fixed to the rudder tiller above the deck, say through sheet tubes, I have seen some in brass that come up through the deck about 10-15mm and curve around 90 degrees- This would mean the servo links would be some sort of thread and as I planned on having two connections between the servo and tiller, one would always be pulling on the tiller.
Wayne

In fact this is exactly what I've done with the pond yacht that I'm restoring, hiding the rudder servo in the hull and then running the lines controlling the rudder through sheet leads that I bought from Nylet onto the Braine quadrant.  Yours should work fine the same way....   :-)
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

goBulawayo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2012, 02:49:53 pm »

Thanks Artistmike, I will look around for your restoration thread (assuming you have one of course)

Wayne

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2012, 03:38:27 pm »

Thanks Artistmike, I will look around for your restoration thread (assuming you have one of course)
Wayne

Hi Wayne, it's here http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=38269.0  and I've just stuck a quick photo at the end of the thread to show you where the rudder controls come onto the deck.....  :-)
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

goBulawayo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2012, 08:51:53 pm »

Hi everyone, progress is slow (or should I say non existent) anyway I did some sanding of the filler coat today, still a fair bit to be done.

I have a set of plans for the krispie, now I assume there was a build article with it? I wonder if anyone could help me out with a scan of the article please.

Many thanks

Wayne

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2012, 11:34:56 am »

Hi goBulawayo
have you got the model boat magazines from December 1976 to March 1977 ? as they have the plan and build of Krispie in them

aye
john 
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

goBulawayo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2012, 11:40:04 am »

Hi Bluebird - I don't have those mags unfortunately - I will try to find copies -

Thanks, Wayne

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2012, 01:29:25 pm »

Hi ya Wayne, LOOK NO FURTHER :-) if you send me a personal message with your postal address via PM - I will kindly ask my beloved wife - if she will photocopy the articles - and send them to you from her work - as at the moment my printer/scanner isnt working properly - there arent any pics of the finished yacht - looks like its mainly written work about the build.

aye
John

goBulawayo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2012, 03:56:31 pm »

PM sent, many thanks, Wayne

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2012, 06:06:37 pm »

Hi ya, pm received - Monday it will be posted to you :-) hope that is okay.

aye

john

goBulawayo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2012, 06:22:47 pm »

Great super thanks Bluebird

Wayne

sextant

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2012, 11:09:21 pm »

Hi Wayne,I have sent construction details.I assume you now have plans from which you will see that Krispie can have 2 mast hieghts to suit either set of sails required.As you can see from my post I planked with .5mm ply and the hull has turned out very nicely and light. For R/C I decided to keep the rudder skeg,and as plans show removed deck deck panel from frame5 forward 5.5 ins X4ins to fit R/C gear.I retained centre deck beam into which I morticed the top of the fin to give rigidity.Fitted sail winch and rudder servo either side of fin,flexible control cables emerging through afterdeck to steering yoke and formed aluminium tubes from sail winch fore &aft through deck for jib &main sheets.Wickes have better Alli; tube thinner wall thanB&Q Iused 12mm for mast, 10mm for booms. Hull has been primed but codition prevent fish spraying; sails almost finished I will post pictures when done.  regards sextant.

goBulawayo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2013, 03:17:51 pm »

A bit of progress on this yacht, I also have a set of sails for it -

goBulawayo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2013, 05:37:50 pm »

Hi all, I am about ready to add a new layer of fibreglass to this hull, just to strengthen it, what thickness cloth should I use? Assuming I should use cloth not mat?
Should I apply a layer of resin, let that set then apply resin and cloth? What make of resin is good to buy?

Thanks Wayne

goBulawayo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2013, 06:38:13 pm »

Would this kit be suitable (would not use the chopped strand)?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370586630625?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Wayne
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.