Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennen Cove Lifeboat Day  (Read 1208 times)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
Sennen Cove Lifeboat Day
« on: August 28, 2012, 11:44:24 PM »

What a fabulous day I had on Sunday showing my model Lifeboats at the Sennen Lifeboat Day.The weather was wonderful,and lots of people came,mostly to go on the beach.They were very generous though,donating over 200 into my collection buckets,for the RNLI.This brings my total this year to just over 2000.00.
To top off the day, I was allowed on board the relief Tamar Lifeboat,for a slipway launch, a high speed run which took us right under Lands End,and then out to the Longships Lighthouse,going all round before heading back in for a slipway recovery.
 Certainly one of the highlights of my life and something I will always remember.
Fabulous!

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Sennen Cove Lifeboat Day
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:10:23 AM »

WELL DONE THAT MAN!!!!!!.........A superb result and effort through out the year matey..........and you lucky sod.....a slipway launch...............something I have yerned for all my life........bah humbug!! :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:32:14 AM »

Thanks Neil, having a trip like that was something really special,but I love what I do,showing my models all round Devon Cornwall and Somerset,without any reward.Following the Sennen Cove Lifeboat Day on the Sunday, the Next day Bank Holiday monday, I was at Bude Lifeboat Day,at the opposite end of Cornwall. At Sennen, I was in the open in brilliant sunshine,at Bude,in a Marquee,and it was hissing down most of the day! This curtailed some of the outside entertainment somewhat,but it all still went ahead,and hundreds of people came to see the events. I can reccommend the Bude Lifeboat Day to everyone,what a great day out it would be in good weather! I have now beaten my self set target of beating my last years total raised,at 2200,and I still have St.Ives Special Lifeboat fundraiser to do,on September 15th,and two more shows after that,so it will certainly be a record for me! 27 events in total this year.
I must thank my dear wife,without who I really could not do any of these events as I dont drive.She bless her drives me everywhere in our mobile home.
Photos ..........

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 11:36:28 AM »

recovery, showing the exact moment of throwing the shoreline to the catcher.

dave301bounty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 02:36:21 PM »

Wonderfull  achievment ,great pictures ,a good job all round .

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 07:17:19 PM »

you lucky man,1 day i hope to do the same

Pages: [1]   Go Up