Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennen Cove Lifeboat Day  (Read 1710 times)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
Sennen Cove Lifeboat Day
« on: August 28, 2012, 11:44:24 pm »

What a fabulous day I had on Sunday showing my model Lifeboats at the Sennen Lifeboat Day.The weather was wonderful,and lots of people came,mostly to go on the beach.They were very generous though,donating over £200 into my collection buckets,for the RNLI.This brings my total this year to just over £2000.00.
To top off the day, I was allowed on board the relief Tamar Lifeboat,for a slipway launch, a high speed run which took us right under Lands End,and then out to the Longships Lighthouse,going all round before heading back in for a slipway recovery.
 Certainly one of the highlights of my life and something I will always remember.
Fabulous!

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Sennen Cove Lifeboat Day
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:10:23 am »

WELL DONE THAT MAN!!!!!!.........A superb result and effort through out the year matey..........and you lucky sod.....a slipway launch...............something I have yerned for all my life........bah humbug!! :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:32:14 am »

Thanks Neil, having a trip like that was something really special,but I love what I do,showing my models all round Devon Cornwall and Somerset,without any reward.Following the Sennen Cove Lifeboat Day on the Sunday, the Next day Bank Holiday monday, I was at Bude Lifeboat Day,at the opposite end of Cornwall. At Sennen, I was in the open in brilliant sunshine,at Bude,in a Marquee,and it was hissing down most of the day! This curtailed some of the outside entertainment somewhat,but it all still went ahead,and hundreds of people came to see the events. I can reccommend the Bude Lifeboat Day to everyone,what a great day out it would be in good weather! I have now beaten my self set target of beating my last years total raised,at £2200,and I still have St.Ives Special Lifeboat fundraiser to do,on September 15th,and two more shows after that,so it will certainly be a record for me! 27 events in total this year.
I must thank my dear wife,without who I really could not do any of these events as I dont drive.She bless her drives me everywhere in our mobile home.
Photos ..........

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 11:36:28 am »

recovery, showing the exact moment of throwing the shoreline to the catcher.

dave301bounty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 02:36:21 pm »

Wonderfull  achievment ,great pictures ,a good job all round .

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 07:17:19 pm »

you lucky man,1 day i hope to do the same

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.