Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Falmouth loses an R.N.L.I. Stalwart  (Read 1431 times)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
Falmouth loses an R.N.L.I. Stalwart
« on: August 29, 2012, 10:00:25 pm »

Today in Falmouth Methodist Church,we said our goodbyes to a truly unsung hero of the Falmouth Ladies Guild Mrs Anne Hunt who slipped her anchor very suddenly aged 75.She came to Falmouth over 20 years ago,to become involved with the local station,RNLI. Having held many positions within the Guild,she was latterly Souvenir Secretary,and also Treasurer of the Falmouth Branch. Overseeing the gift shop,ordering stock,and manning the till,as well as organising the rota of volunteers,were just some of the duties she performed.If there was an RNLI Fundraising event,she was to be found with her collecting bucket,or selling souvenirs,working long and hard.She had many friends,and my wife and I are privileged to be among this number.Someone once said of her, "if you were to slice her in half,you would find the letters RNLI just like in a stick of rock" such was her dedication.
  She will be sorely missed,by all at the Station,and her many friends. I extend my deep sympathy to her Husband,Bill,and Family.
Mick F

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
Re: Falmouth loses an R.N.L.I. Stalwart
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 03:42:11 pm »

our thoughts go out to her family :- baloo & pooh bear

mook

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 08:53:15 pm »

Very sorry to hear that, I'm sure from what has been said her lose will be felt by a lot of people

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 09:16:52 pm »

Not all the RNLI volunteers are seagoing and much depends upon the people like Mrs Hunt who maintain the fundraising. Just shows that in this wicked world there are still some truly good people about.

My Wife and I were down at Littlehampton today and spent a bit at the RNLI shop as usual. There's lots of Christmas stuff in now including some great Xmas cards so don't hold back! If you do not have a local RNLI station and shop then visit the RNLI website.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.759 seconds with 22 queries.