Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zulu  (Read 2759 times)

chromedome

• Full Mayhemer
Zulu
« on: May 01, 2007, 07:03:40 pm »

testing!

KenP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is theBest!
Re: Zulu
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 03:29:32 pm »

Looks real good.  Is it the Deans kit ?

chromedome

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 06:35:58 pm »

Yes its a Deans kit....handle very well with good speed for one shaft..

chromedome

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 09:17:05 pm »

Yes its a Deans kit....handle very well with good speed for one shaft..

chromedome
Nice looking Tribal \ Tribul chromie!  ;)

I find our Zulu is a bit reluctant to turn in anything more than a light breeze. When sailing her at Fleetwood, a lad came over and said he had served on one of the sister Tribuls (cant remember which, think it was 124 Nubian??) He said the the fibreglass moulding on the hangar was a real pain to remove and the 'plate' on the bow has some sort of fan behind it.

chromedome

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 09:09:56 am »

i found my Zulu turned very quickly for a single screw. I think the good turn off speed is responsible for its tight turning circle......Emm... I am not quite sure what the chap at the pond side was on about.

chromedome

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 11:45:07 pm »

i found my Zulu turned very quickly for a single screw. I think the good turn off speed is responsible for its tight turning circle......Emm... I am not quite sure what the chap at the pond side was on about.

chromedome
If you look at the bow of the model hull, right at the front on the stem is what looks like a raised circular disc. I asked him what this was. He said it was some sort of fan behind a screen.

PSSHIPS

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 09:24:34 am »

If its what I think you are on about, on the stern of some type 81s, they had the VDS 199 towed sonar gear, this was a big wheel, like a wagon wheel on a swinging frame which carried the cable for the towed drone and was normally slightly offset to starboard, I have a picture of this close up on Ashanti if anyone is interested?
 Paul...

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 02:36:39 pm »

chromedome
Did'nt the Tribals have a weird system for spotting and hangaring the Wasp helo? Perhaps this is what your "onlooker" was referring to?
Notes from a simple seaman

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 10:18:45 pm »

chromedome
Did'nt the Tribals have a weird system for spotting and hangaring the Wasp helo? Perhaps this is what your "onlooker" was referring to?
Yes, the wasp heli hangar was at the stern. Due to the placement of a 4 inch gun on some tribals, there was no deck space to take off \ land from. The heli took off from the top of the hanger which it was raised onto via an internal lift. Before this could be done, some fibreglass cowlings on top of the hangar had to be removed. This is what he meant by being a chore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.