Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fairey Swordsman  (Read 4641 times)

spiderman

• Shipmate
Fairey Swordsman
« on: September 01, 2012, 10:05:57 pm »

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone of you shipmates tell me if the Fairey Huntsman kits can be easily converted to a Fairey Swordsman?
I have spent ages trying to work out the differance's which appear to only be the rear deck area (but I'm not sure) and I keep going around in circles!!
I'm only thinking of a kit for a quickish build for the grandson but I don't mind scratch building if that the only option.
Although I don't know of any plans out there apart from the one's FLJ does and I don't know how to contact him!

Any Help would be Great.
Many Thanks
John

Stavros

Re: Fairey Swordsman
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 10:17:47 pm »

FLJ is ACTion electronics known as Dave Milbourn Give him a call he will help you

Dave

phillnjack2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 11:17:33 pm »

swordsman also had a lower roofline on the front cabin.

sort of chopped version of aft cockpit huntsman, cross between huntsman and spearfish

phill

spiderman

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:47:13 am »

Thank you Both for your quick replys

I think I will give Dave Milbourn (now I know who he is) a ring and see what he suggests and go from there.

Thanks Again for your Help
John

ACTion

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 11:05:25 am »

The plans for the Fairey Swordsman are available from My Hobby Store Plan Service #MM2058 Order Code 38842 Price £12.50. You can order On Line at http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/group/29/model-boat-plans?utm_source=mb_special_plans&utm_medium=jumplink&utm_campaign=mb_special_plans_jlink or by telephone.
Bluebird's Masterclass for Beginners elsewhere on this Forum is an excellent reference for builders of this model.
Dave M

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 04:26:03 pm »

Hi John.
            The confusion is between the swordsman and the 28ft Huntsman as neither has the cabin aft.  The 31ft huntsman has the cabin aft.  As it happens there is one on Flea bay being built as as swordsman on the huntsman hull.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fairy-Huntsman-project-/251143257269?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3a794dfcb5

http://www.faireyownersclub.co.uk/default.asp?content=theboats

Frank.  :P

LarryW

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 04:43:42 pm »

HI this is a SWORDSMAN    buy a plan and build one you wont  be disappointed........model boats carry plan.......Larry....
never pass a skip

spiderman

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 09:15:28 pm »

Thanks Dave,
I will order them online as you suggest.

And thanks to the rest of you for your advice
John.

madwelshman

• Learning all the time.
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Fairey Marine Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 08:32:22 pm »

The Swordsman has also got a different angle to the bow and the real boats pound more in rougher weather due to the extra length and beam. The Huntsman 31 cuts into the water better in a rougher sea. Personally, I prefer the shape of the Swordsman, but both designs are gorgeous boats.
Will
49" Precedent Perkasa
46" Aerokits Sea Queen
42" Veron Fairey Huntsman 28 x2
34" Lesro Sportsman mk1
34" Precedent Fairey Huntsman 31 x3
34" Aerokits Sea Commander x2
29" Aerokits Sea Rover
20" Aerokits Fast Patrol Boat
16" Aerokits Sea Urchin

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 09:50:07 pm »

As Will said , the Huntsman/Swordsman family are superb looking boats.  I have been hooked by them since about 1971 when my late father and I built our first powerboat from the (then) Model Avionics now Precedent 48" Huntsman kit with a Merco .61
 I am currently refurbing models that I have had stored for years following my retirement giving me the time to do so. One of them is a wooden Swordsman from MAP plans bought recently from Ebay which will probably be electric powered and a second fibre glass Swordsman hull run in the early 70's with a range of .40/61's with the Avon Cosmetics club . This came from a guy   in the Leicester club whose name escapes me but I think his first name was Ray. At the time the leicester and Avon clubs were quite close as we had several members who belonged to both.
 Today on Ebay, I won a part complete wooden 48" Huntsman kit with an unrun Zenoah stored from 2006. Haven't collected it yet so we shall see what happens. Will be my first modern petrol engine, my only other sparkie being a Gannet which I still have in a Screwdriver offshore hull.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.