Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Huntsman 31 Precedent Plans  (Read 2591 times)

Blackadder

• Shipmate
Huntsman 31 Precedent Plans
« on: September 04, 2012, 08:26:28 pm »

HJI Shipmates

Does any one know where I can get some of these? they are for a 1/8th scale version of the Huntsman 31, which I intend to run as "Seven O Seven", in her Ford racing trim I have twin MFA Torpedo 850's and ball  raced prop shafts and twin 50mm racing props.- I purchased the hull, but need the pklans for the 31' version. I have Vic Smeed plans for the 28', but its time consuming transcribing everything to the new hul!!
Also, I need help with on other query- how easy is it going to be. to bend the windscreen int the correct shape and rake, from one piece of acetate, or perspex?

Any assistance gratefully received, and acknowledged

Dean

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Huntsman 31 Precedent Plans
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:43:32 pm »

Hi Blackadder and welcome to Mayhem..

It might be a good idea to put your location in your profile as local members might be able to help you.

Cheers

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Stavros

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:19:52 pm »

Hi And welcome to the forum Please take a piece of advise dont bother wating your tme and money on Old Hat motors they are a waste of time and money They draw huge amounts of current well over 15amps.You would be far better going for a pair of 900 type motors water cool them and run on 24v esch on stick packs and up your prop size to 55mm 2 bladers

Dave

ACTion

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 08:04:19 am »

I have a copy of the original plans (1972) scanned into AutoCAD R14 (.DWG format). The paper plan was very wrinkled - as is the draftsman these days - and so the lines are quite broken up, but they are clear enough to work from. I can concur with Stavros about MFA 850 motors vs Graupner Speed 900; no contest.
PM me with your full E-Mail address if any use.

Dave Milbourn (Designer, Modav Huntsman 31 kits)

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 08:05:00 am »

dave , for the money youd spend buying a pair of 900 brushed motors you could buy some brushless equivelents , run on lipo battery packs which will save even more weight thus helping performance ! blackadder the only plans ive got are for a fairey spearfish ( grp version of a huntsman 31 open cockpit ) , howeveer they are not model maker plans but copies of the original fairey plans via the designer . jon

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 05:44:54 pm »

welcome aboard

ACTion

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 06:13:48 pm »

Huntsman 707 was definitely the 31' version - not a Huntsman 28' (Model Maker plan). I doubt very much if the H28 superstructure would fit onto the H31 hull, even in 1/8 scale. The problem with the Modav/Precedent kit is that it was of the version with a rear cabin, whereas 707 had an open cockpit https://picasaweb.google.com/116493500049865636778/1969No11707
I've no way of knowing how close the Spearfish superstructure was to the Huntsman 31, but the GRP hull was moulded from a plug which was actually a wooden H31 hull.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.