Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Lanzhou Class Chinese Destroyers  (Read 29377 times)

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Lanzhou Class Chinese Destroyers
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2012, 12:22:08 am »

nae probs mate  :-))

Harquebus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2012, 05:28:27 pm »

Hi Armo61, I am sure we are all here just lurking maybe. Perhaps it is best to leave you to your work and not distract you.  ok2

Fine progress you've made. If I am the sole provider of images of this vessel, well that's a lot of pressure on me.  :embarrassed: If you need more, I have found some large pics so I will provide the links here so there's no loss in size. Be sure to click on them so they "blow up" to full size. The last one even has your number.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DMlaglQ089w/ToQOM8pWb2I/AAAAAAAACho/LuQ8d5VnSek/s1600/Type+054ABC+HQ-16+A+B+Cvertical+launch+system+%2528VLS%2529+Harbin+Z-9C+Jiangkai-II+C+802A+Type+730+CIWS+YJ-83+sea-skimming+anti-ship+cruise+missile+CODAD+Shanghai-based+Hudong+plan+china+navy+%252810%2529.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UklFNerEQ9A/ToQNWCA2g9I/AAAAAAAAChE/QsbmCPyhEyc/s1600/Type+054ABC+HQ-16+A+B+Cvertical+launch+system+%2528VLS%2529+Harbin+Z-9C+Jiangkai-II+C+802A+Type+730+CIWS+YJ-83+sea-skimming+anti-ship+cruise+missile+CODAD+Shanghai-based+Hudong+plan+china+navy.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-c6-S5Ro5J94/ToQOFR_f8OI/AAAAAAAAChg/M1pbPTmW_lg/s1600/Type+054ABC+HQ-16+A+B+Cvertical+launch+system+%2528VLS%2529+Harbin+Z-9C+Jiangkai-II+C+802A+Type+730+CIWS+YJ-83+sea-skimming+anti-ship+cruise+missile+CODAD+Shanghai-based+Hudong+plan+china+navy+%25288%2529.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JubsjRUMXVA/ToQNm3NITAI/AAAAAAAAChQ/FVRRxFsuSeo/s1600/Type+054ABC+HQ-16+A+B+Cvertical+launch+system+%2528VLS%2529+Harbin+Z-9C+Jiangkai-II+C+802A+Type+730+CIWS+YJ-83+sea-skimming+anti-ship+cruise+missile+CODAD+Shanghai-based+Hudong+plan+china+navy+%25284%2529.jpg

Some may balk at the whole thing; Chinese warships?! Yuck. But the Chinese seem to be bent on innovation and furthering their goal of having a sizable blue water navy. They have some unique designs and they are churning out vessels at a pretty good rate.
~Harq

Harquebus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2012, 05:46:10 pm »

This Jiangkai II variant appears to have different CIWS/automatic guns fitted, the AK-630 (small turrets placed beside the stack and two further aft above the helicopter hangar).
Good aft view as well. The ship is moving fast.

http://www.east-asia-intel.com/eai/2008/Images/anotherjiangkai.jpg
~Harq

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2012, 09:19:38 pm »

Harquebus,

Nice 'clean' lines, great photos  :-)) :-)) :-))

Keep the pressure up he can handle it  {-) {-)

Makes you wonder what the 'Western' world is playing at and why we are not at the forfront or at least on par in the Asia Pacific. <:( <:(
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2012, 10:41:29 pm »

After those great photos how can a man go wrong.
I am pretty close to the mark then. I notice they have gone and stuck the anchor in the wrong place on the model.
NOW does any one know where I can get deck railings to suit this ship?
Paint and Missouri leaving China on Monday
Restoring the Kiev now coming out ok. Have installed her new. Motors, propshafts and stuffing tubes, should look ok and have ordered her Helix choppers and Mig29's from Trumpeter.
Thanks Raarty.
How did the Trumpeter model look Harquebus of your PLA warship?
Is it large enough for a good R/C version if required?

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2012, 10:59:34 pm »

excellent pictures there , on the variant those guns look similar to whats on the sovremenny

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2012, 11:00:40 pm »

Charles,

Remember someone made a comment that these 'models' have deliberate and or out of scale 'mistakes' to avoid copyright problems such as being a copy of existingTrumpeter kit.

Hence the benefit of Harquebus photo reference's to keep you on your toes. O0 O0 {-) {-)
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2012, 11:06:13 pm »

True Raarty,
But if you ask me I reckon there is a deal going on in China?

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2012, 11:16:39 pm »

Armo61
how big is it in relation to the Sovremenny ?
ie length width hull hight

Harquebus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2012, 11:22:49 pm »

Well, if there's any confusion most modern PLA vessels have two anchors, one on the bow and the other on the port or starboard side. Not sure why the odd configuration but there you have it.

I am not sure of the approximate scale of this frigate of yours. It if is indeed 1/200 or thereabouts, that type of PE is readily available... just about anywhere. I received two different Trumpeter PLA ships, one the aforementioned "Tong Ling" a Type 053H2G frigate and the "Qingdao" a Type 052 destroyer. They were originally intended to be motorized models so conversion to R/C is simple. They both look great, their size is impressive and both can be "dressed up" with further detailing and they are of course 1/200 a fairly common scale. "Large enough for a good R/C version?" you ask? Plenty large but there are those who laugh at the challenge of converting much smaller scales.

After those great photos how can a man go wrong.
I am pretty close to the mark then. I notice they have gone and stuck the anchor in the wrong place on the model.
NOW does any one know where I can get deck railings to suit this ship?
Paint and Missouri leaving China on Monday
Restoring the Kiev now coming out ok. Have installed her new. Motors, propshafts and stuffing tubes, should look ok and have ordered her Helix choppers and Mig29's from Trumpeter.
Thanks Raarty.
How did the Trumpeter model look Harquebus of your PLA warship?
Is it large enough for a good R/C version if required?
~Harq

Harquebus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2012, 11:39:50 pm »

The hull length of the Tong Long is 56.5 cm, the Qingdao 71 cm. The gearboxes and motors have long since been removed from these "Static Model" versions (probably intended for sale in the West) but they still retain some rudimentary brass stuffing boxes, steel prop shafts, the metal battery box innards and a total of two sets of propellers of a flexible black plastic, I guess in case the first set succumbs to "young boy enthusiasm" or the hazards of motorization in general...
~Harq

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2012, 01:59:06 am »

Sounds good, soplenty can details done if you want to.
I will keep it in mind.
I am now going to start gearing up for. Nimitz as I am so near yet so far and Missouri is a coming too.

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2012, 03:21:24 am »

Some say this is the good part, YUK the only good part I reckon is that you are nearing the end of your beautiful model and all the work you have been putting into it haha. Here is what we have to go through don't we ENJOYMENT WHOOPEE.

Will insert pictures when dry to show the Jiangki II starting to happen.

Now it's off to start a new Thread. Saving a Kiev from the Scrap Yards. No not the one their selling to India there is a delay on that, This is the KIEV.
 %% :-)) O0 >>:-( <*< I love it haha.

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2012, 03:29:32 am »

Storm Bringer sorry mate I  will say that the Jiangki II is smaller than the Sovremenny. I have the two now and yes there is a noticeable difference.
In length not by much The Jiangki comes out at 77cm but the Sovremenny class is a much bulkier destroyer Mate. The Jiangki is a more shall we say a Modern and a lovely streamlined shape. I will take a photograph of the 2 together to give you some idea mate and come up with better specs.
But as I know you love your Sovremenny I believe take a chance on one of these you will not be dissapointed.
Standby for Pictures.
Charles ;)

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2012, 04:04:22 am »

Righto Storm Bringer,

Here are pikkies of the 2 together.

Specs on measuring are The Jiangki II is 68cm long from Stern to Bow Point and is 8 cm wide at its widest point.
                                  The Sovremenny is 78cm long from Stern to Bow Point and is 10cm at its widest point.

Please forgive my Sovremenny's unfinished appearance but a lot of work to be done on her yet. I want to order those Heli's on the Sovremenny thread but I have to pay for Mig 29's and Helix's for my new project first.

Hope that helps and gives you an idea of the difference  matey.
 :-)

Harquebus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2012, 06:12:43 am »

The Jiangkai II is classed as a frigate which by today's standards is a smaller vessel than a destroyer. The Jiangkai II is 134 m long; the Sovremenny is 156 m. Quite a bit of difference and these two "toys" appear to be scaled about right.

I'm not crazy or overly concerned about the larger sizes for my R/C boats nor am I concerned that something is too small. I'll take what I'm given. Many on here are possibly of the "bigger is better" philosophy and they build a kit or work from plans to build something monstrous but to me the fascination lies in the "hey that's a plastic model, designed to sit on a shelf and gather dust" but it's converted to radio control... wow, or what you have done to improve an existing toy to better scale accuracy. I like the idea of getting into it cheaply and rather quickly hence the interest in Scale Plastic Model Conversion.

I think bikerdude999 was a bit fearful of converting the Revell 1/144 Fletcher to R/C because of concerns over the "small size" and he shelved the idea for awhile. He overcame those fears and is almost ready for sea trials, if I am correct.  :-)) ok2 O0

One more thing, hull number 530 is known as Xuzhou. Launched on 30 September 2006, commissioned on 27 January 2008 and is assigned to the East Sea Fleet. She is currently active. She was the first in the series so a bit of an older lady...
~Harq

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2012, 07:11:18 am »

That's true Harquebus,
I spoke on here with biker a few times to also give him encouragement.
No he has done his sea trials and very happy with his Fletcher now.

Having a bit of probe with ESC I think he said but will sort that and should be good.
Of course getting ideas from all over to help, it's good.

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2012, 12:52:16 pm »

thx for that Armo it looks an ideal project for my sons pal who is looking into doing a less complicated than the Sov paint job and i will be able to help him with the electronics etc  :-))

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2012, 01:36:45 pm »

No problems Storm Bringer
any time mate. You will see just how good it is. Tonight I have fixed 4 new antennas cut out my door openings set the doors in place and every time I add something it just seems to become more like the real thing.
I found some black paint so I was able to do some painting can't wait until my paint order arrives. Once that arrives you will see the Jiangki II as she should be, just like our Sovremenny's.:

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2012, 04:07:35 pm »

cool mate  :-))

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2012, 10:50:08 am »

Well almost to paint time now. I have done a few more modifications to try and get my Jiangki II up to correct appearance.

I have to still wait for paint then will re do the Heli landing pad correctly.

I have opened up her front doors as per Number 568 and added sorry I dont rightly know the name of the parts but where the bow joins the deck, I suppose supports? perhaps someone will advise.

I have added her 2 anchors and chain in the correct locations and other bits. I have also finished her Antenna farm a few, I reckon she must have electronic surviellance on board also with all this antenna configuration.

New Helix Helicopter to be made and front Flag support to be made as this ship did not come with one.

Chinese correct flags to be ordered from Cornwall hobbies.

Now next time I show her the painting will have been completed, I hope not too long now.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2012, 12:54:01 pm »

Opened Front Doors....... %%

>>:-( <*<....near the VTO missile pods, they would be water tight doors on deck level FWD :embarrassed:

They would only be open when ashore for some maintenance or stores function

Best plan is return them to a sealed condition for sea duty.......  :-))

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2012, 12:59:42 pm »

There you go see it was in the picture and ship was at sea. Propaganda ha ha. Ah well better do as I am told then Derek thank you.

glendavis1971

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2012, 05:04:03 pm »

Hi charles

I'd have doors closed only take one rouge wave over the forecastle and you've a big flooding problem and a sinking model

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2012, 09:27:56 pm »

All ok lads, she is all water tight again ah well nearly just a wee bit of filler to hide marks where I cut doors out. Not too bad.l
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.