Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Torpedo Boat ?  (Read 3204 times)

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
Torpedo Boat ?
« on: September 25, 2012, 02:12:50 pm »

I have been given a Torpedo boat ? M106 is on it, does that help you tell me what type of boat it is, at the mo I have a Hull and part stripped superstructure and a bag of bits.
Does the Flag help?.

Len.

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Torpedo Boat ?.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 03:09:19 pm »

It looks like a Royal Navy "Perkasa" patrol boat.  It would help if you gave the scale of the model or it's length.

No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 06:19:24 pm »

Hi TailUK,

It is just under 48" long.

Len.

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 06:51:57 pm »

Given the said length of 48" that makes your model 1:24th scale or 1/2" to the foot.  Actually it's a wee bit on the short side. but not so far out it wouldn't make a nice model

Battlecraft models, amongst others,  make 1:24th scale fitting for Perkasa,  check the website and you can get a good idea of what the weapons and deck fitting should be like.

http://www.battlecrafts.co.uk/index.php/complete-fittings-kits/189-kd-perkasa-in-1-24-scale
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 07:05:50 pm »

Hi len.
           Its the bog standard perkasa model but you can turn it into various other things. A brave class, cutlass sabre, or søløven-class.

Frank.  

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 05:06:25 pm »

If I wanted to go down the Brushless route what suggestions to twin motor size ?, I have some 3cell lipos.

Len.

killick

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 04:51:21 am »

Given the said length of 48" that makes your model 1:24th scale or 1/2" to the foot.  Actually it's a wee bit on the short side. but not so far out it wouldn't make a nice model

Battlecraft models, amongst others,  make 1:24th scale fitting for Perkasa,  check the website and you can get a good idea of what the weapons and deck fitting should be like.

http://www.battlecrafts.co.uk/index.php/complete-fittings-kits/189-kd-perkasa-in-1-24-scale

I can vouch for hattlecrafts: I live in Canada, and I've always received  great pieces at very reasonable prices from them. The parts Detail is superb, and Custom Service is Outstanding!!  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.