Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joining In...  (Read 1286 times)

PeeJay333

• Full Mayhemer
Joining In...
« on: September 07, 2012, 11:11:44 pm »

Just a quick intro.  I have known of this forum for years from references in the RC Groups Scale Ship Model forum, but got interested in a thread here on the Lindbergh Blue Devil and decided to join.

Although i am now in Southern California, I grew up in western New York State, across Niagara River from Buffalo, New York.  At that time the steel mills were still in business and I would see a lot of "Lakers" on the river.  Also Thunderboat races, and lots of pleasure craft and an occasional seaplane or float plane.

The US Navy brought me to the West Coast, and I have served aboard the USS Canberra (CAG-2); the USS Connole (DE 1056); and the USS Barbour County (LST 1195)  as well as staff assignments on the Naval Beach Group, Coronado, Naval Support Activity, Saigon, and the Naval ROTC Unit at Iowa State University.

I have been building models for many, many years and continue to enjoy building and research. My first plastic model was Revell's USS Missouri, followed shortly by the Long Beach Tug, a large Marx Sea Witch, and a Chris Craft 42' Express Cruiser.

I used to buy the MAP Plans handbook and 'drool' over the projects there, acquiring a pretty god and diverse collection of plans - cargo ships, tugs, the HMS Kent, pleasure craft, and  I developed a particular fondness for Clyde Puffers.

I am now into R/C and have a Midwest Trawler that is operational, and many projects in boxes or on the workbench.

I am also interested in aircraft modeling, classic cars and auto racing.

That is probably enough about me for now.  When I get involved in a build, I am sure I will join in.

Pete G (PeeJay)

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: Joining In...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 12:17:42 am »

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 09:46:30 am »

Great intro Pete, and welcome aboard the good ship Mayhem.   :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 12:33:08 pm »

welcome aboard  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.