Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: its my 5 feet long MISTRAL LUXURY MOTOR YACHT...  (Read 9502 times)

Krishna

• aqua plannerrrr....................
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: its my 5 feet long MISTRAL LUXURY MOTOR YACHT...
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 10:58:44 am »

and the beautiful scene at night... here once again .. see how easy to realize a big craft..!!so here is the action video.. the pool is not a good place for her... so will add a good long fast running video when my lake fills up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXEUnSpwku0
in sheer ecstasy of being a powerful,mushy,masculine trans woman of substance...

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 11:06:16 am »

Nice work
Looks like a real "Gin Palace"
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 11:15:16 am »

It looks quite similar to the 'Triton' (bottom of this page  http://modelboats.hobby-site.com/Range.html )

All you need now on yours is a small Walkman playing a loud selection of party tunes.....

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 02:28:53 pm »

thanks for the great inspirations respected modelers..

dodgy geezer.. Sir this one is already equipped with an MP3 player.. and still i have a lots to work on it.. and working on it..
in sheer ecstasy of being a powerful,mushy,masculine trans woman of substance...

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 03:07:31 pm »

A challenge for you....

Dancing figures on the deck :)

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »

its really amazing how you you can literally throw a model together out of anything to hand , they are all so damm good as well  :-))

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 05:23:11 pm »

essex2visuvesi.. Sir.. its a little late.. for the idea.. oh.. if it was a little earlier.. still no worry.. will add a dancing girl at the forecastle of the boat.. with disco lights.. along with music.. a million thanks for the inspiration..

Stormbringer.. Sir.. you all living in a very advanced Country.. here i do not have any real stuffs to use.. and i am rich only in my ideas.. so only remedy is finding something myself.. but i am too happy that the big craft that i completed in 2008 still working perfectly today.. so thanking God.. and once again a million thanks for the inspiration..

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 10:33:58 pm »

its really amazing how you you can literally throw a model together out of anything to hand , they are all so damm good as well  :-))

Can you Imagine if he had been a presenter on blue peter lol

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 11:21:42 pm »

Krishna, a couple of questions if I may?

You stuck the sheets of expanded polystyrene with glue - what sort, please?

The tissue paper is just tissue paper?

What's the material you used to smooth it with?

Thanks!

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2012, 05:43:40 am »

dreadnought72.. Good morning Sir, the sheets are simple expanded polystyrene sheets that we found in TV and Refrigerator packages.. this one sheet almost spans in to 3 feet and about more than 1.5 feet wide.. this one sheet costs about Rs 20/- each here.. and some times i collect those sheets from nearest TV show rooms as they all put those sheets in fire to avoid mess.. but nowadays i purchases it with the help of my friends as it is too hard to walk.. the glue used to laminate the sheets is nothing extra ordinary, but simple white glue, or here known as PVA glue, or Poly Vinyl Alcohol based adhesive that used in wood industry.. here one of the greatest brand is named as Fevicol.. but when i makes longer crafts and for rough use i use the same brand glue, but in to MARINE.. Fevicol Marine is a same white glue, is based on some water proof medium.. i hope this may be the base of acrylic emulsion wall paints.. means after drying it will become water proof.. this is a grace to us in many means.. this glue also can be used in boats using IC engines , means we can apply two or three thin layers of glue, inside, then after proper drying this coating become stiff and strong,and acts as a protection against water entry and fuel  damages.. 1 Kilogram of glue costs me here about 80 Rs/- as the seller gives me with discount, as he knows me from child hood..

the tissues.. the tissues that i am using in my works is simple face tissues, is very inexpensive 6 Rs/- for a packet, contains 100 numbers of tissues, in to 12 inches square, is absorbs diluted glue easily and instantly snugs in to the shape of the hull.. or wing.. or on anything.. a costly thick high quality tissue is not a good alternate as they wont absorb the glue easily and rips off when we apply.. the method of application is easy.. dilute the white glue  ordinary as SH, or marine as MR, with water.. ratio is 25:75.. means 25 % glue and 75 % water.. then place the hull on a convenient  place and place one tissue as spread over the desired place of the hull.. then take a flat brush of 2 inch at least, dip in glue, wipe excess glue and stoke over the tissue.. avoid repeated strokes, as the tissue ruptures.. we can apply 5 layers of tissue at one time.. and must leave to dry.. after drying we can repeat the proses up to 20 to 25 layers or more on bigger crafts.. for this we must leave a 2 mm margin when happing the hull at beginning.. because the tissue and putty takes a little thickness when we starts to work.. after proper drying we can sand the hull for smoothing with 120 grit sand paper, then apply a coat of red oxide for great protection.. when this stage, the hull will be stiffer like a rock.. nothing can match the strength of the hull in this stage as wood, FRP and on..and this will not crumble or splatter in a severe crash, but squeezes the place of impact.. weight is the main criteria of a thermocol hull.. the final weight will be very very less with this method.. after the application of red oxide, we can start the final works..

the final surface preparation is based on two materials.. the firat one is very inexpensive but 100 % efficient and effective.. is the NC based putty.. NC is nitro cellulose..and the word putty is stands for car body finish fillers.. this will be in to a grey colour, and gives us a smooth finish when finished.. after the application of red oxide over the hull, we can finish  the rest as usual, that we follows on same balsa or wooden or metal hulls.. the second option is the PU based car body filler.. but this one converts the hull in to brittle in a crash, and makes heavier.. one of the main advantage working on these hulls are easy shaping and finishing.. we can make any complicated shape with a piece od sand paper.. and if you need a build log of thermocol hull i will post it in detail.. because once we mastered the idea.. nothing can stop making boats.. because its 1000% less easy when compared working on a wooden hull.. no cuts.. no jig sawing.. no pins.. no complicated ideas.. but any shape.. any size.. and another good thing is this one is never attacked by borers or termite.. lives for a life time.. this will not affected by climatic changes.. you can leave this crafts in direct sunlights or bone chilling cold.. the fading aspect will be the paint.. so working on.. and on...

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2012, 05:52:37 am »

i got some personal massages about port rings and motor cooling.. is nothing  tough.. the port door rings were made of foam board, turning on a hand drill..

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2012, 05:53:37 am »

smoothed with water paper of 400 grit.. and pasted all in a line for painting..

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 05:56:44 am »

later painted in metallic copper cloud.. and here is the motor cooling method.. water jacket is made of two pieces of 1 inch aluminum C shape channels and sealed with 5 mm foam board and fast epoxy glue as both are resistant up to 120 degree of heat.. so easy..

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 05:57:48 am »

two brass tubes that i got from a ship kit, is used as in and out tubes..

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 06:01:36 am »

the bow thrust pump is made of foam board and this was controlled by twin switches activated by the same servo used for rudder.. in normal turns the craft is controlled by rudder itself.. but when we apply full stick, the servo arn triggers the switch switching on the pump in either directions.. so easy turn.. must for bigger crafts..

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2012, 06:05:38 am »

the intake scoop was made of copper tube just placed in front of the prop..

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 08:09:02 am »

Superb work Krishna well done,another good covering for models is plain brown paper,i built an aeroplane some years ago and covered in brown paper and white glue,it became so strong you wouldnt believe i even made a cowling for a 50" hydroplane out of just brown paper using an orriginal one as the plug also very strong and waterproof.
Keep up the good work  :-)).
Mart

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 08:38:21 am »

As Tommy Cooper used to say "just like that" ! {-)
..well can you land on this?

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 08:56:44 am »

I have used Cascamite (a urea formaldehyde resin glue from the 1950s) smeared onto newsprint and then rolled to make funnels. It produced a very light, hard and rigid hollow tube, that rang like ceramic when pinged...

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 11:40:51 am »

Thank you for all the ideas Krishna.  Very helpful indeed to all of us still learning. As you say,  it's the idea of creating a shape which would be difficult even with machines.

We have a saying over here that   "Necessity is the Mother of all inventions"  and you are a very clever person.  Keep em coming.    :-)) :-)) :-))  as I particularly like the bow thruster switches.

Regards

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2012, 12:20:31 pm »

As Tommy Cooper used to say "just like that" ! {-)

Lol yea just like that well almost mine was a full cowl including drivers position and rear section too.

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2012, 02:50:06 pm »

thank you all Respected Modelers.. and Elders.. will try all above mentioned ideas..
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.