Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Highly recommended apps....  (Read 5303 times)

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Highly recommended apps....
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 06:46:21 pm »

Mobiles aren't 'just' for phoning and texting, I take all my photos and movies on my phone.... And the screen on new 'smartphones' are now big enough for anyone to be able to use the qwerty keyboard, honest.

I pop in to my local Vodaphone shop from time to time to see if there is any new 'breakthrough' to make these things genuinely usable, but so far the micro keyboards are still unusably tiny for large fingers.  Without a workable keyboard everything else is inaccessible.  Maybe if they were more Kindle sized and you did not have to use a magnifying glass to scroll around 1/4 of a web page.  I have an iPod, a Kindle, a decent Fuji camera, etc.  I really can't see the point in condensing it all down to a matchbox where none of the functions work properly.  eg:  photos are only good enough to view on the phone, not for illustrating Mayhem boat builds.

I spent £45 pm for almost a year on something that could not even text and failed to receive phone calls.

I am well into most high tech gadgets, but 'smart phones' seem just an excuse to cram gimmicks to encourage maximum bandwith costs and discourage phone calls and texting.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 06:58:04 pm »

I don't have any problems with the iPhone touchscreen keyboard. Works very well and the general 'usability' of the phone is good too. I only use a fraction of it's facilities but it's really useful for texting home when on holiday and tapping into the local WiFi to access the Internet.

Colin

F4TCT

• I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example
  • Full Mayhemer
    • My Boat Builds
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 10:16:45 am »

Yeah, the keypad on apple stuff are usually excellent. I struggled moving over to the S2 but seem to have it mastered now...

The only downside to them is the silly predictive text. There's sites on the internet that show mistakes users have made due to the predictive text, versus what they actually typed..

On the whole, apple i think really reserve themselves in regard to their devices.

The new Iphone 5 isnt really worth buying in my opinion. They could do so much better, but they save it, just so people rush and buy it and they make more money.

Dan

bikerdude999

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 04:27:57 pm »

The new Iphone 5 isnt really worth buying in my opinion. They could do so much better, but they save it, just so people rush and buy it and they make more money.

Dan

Agree on the holding back, but that's just business, no point playing your best cards when all you have to do is match your opponent....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.