Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 24v for ultrasonic smoker? Advice in making unit.  (Read 1673 times)

Pondweed

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
24v for ultrasonic smoker? Advice in making unit.
« on: November 10, 2012, 12:22:12 pm »

What's the best way to get 24v? I'm leaning towards 2x 12v 1.2ah SLAs in series but before I buy them, I'd like someone to 'hold my hand' a bit.

24v is quite a stong power source: do you need to 'damp down' any power spikes in the curcuit if using a on/off switch?

What size fuse would I need?

Do you need the PC fan with a mister? I'm serving a few funnels over 18inches and plan on using 21mm? PVC pipe.

Cheers

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: 24v for ultrasonic smoker? Advice in making unit.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 06:11:19 pm »

hello
There is somewhere a electronic bit of kit that you feed in 12 volt DC and it puts out 24volt dc .You could try ebay or Component shop may be able to help you out.
I make both 12 volt and 24 volt oil based smokers if you wanted to go down that line. The unit take 1.24 amps to run.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 08:26:08 am »

MMB sell a unit to step 12v to 24 v its about £12. Yes you will need a fan to blow the vapour out. If you use google there are circuits for making your own step up unit.Ive never had any problem swiching 24v or spikes. John.

Pondweed

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:52:28 am »

Hi Bill
you have the wrong technology mate, I'm looking at a mister, indeed I've already got the unit off the great auction site in the sky. I have a few funnels so I may need 1 or 2 'units'

Thanks for the advice John, at £12 it's simpler, and easier all round, just to buy the 2 batteries and sling a wire across them. I would have liked more sophisticated way to do it but ..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.