Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Jersey Model Boats have a home and water of their own in Jersey.  (Read 7472 times)

Lancejsy

• Full Mayhemer
  • How much!!
    • jerseymodelboats
Jersey Model Boats have a home and water of their own in Jersey.
« on: September 20, 2012, 11:03:30 am »

Hello all. jerseymodelboats.com has now got a new home in Jersey.

Before the JMBC was just the website which I have run for a couple of years and thought it was about time we had a pond to call home.  We have been given by Jersey Water the La Hague Reservoir in St Peters valley free of charge as long as we keep the area clean and so on. In January 2012 the Lionpark which is home of  the LIonpark model boat club will be shutting the doors and the club will be moving an irrigation pond for now but its to small for yachts and Fast Electrics so the reservoir is an ideal place to go.  No sub's, No committee, No agm, No monthly meetings No £50 membership and so on only 50p on the day to pay for the loo to be cleaned. For more information and to ask any questions go to jerseymodelboats.com and we will try to help. Thank you for letting me woffle on but its not very often a new group starts up.
Lance

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Jersey Model Boats have a home and water of their own in Jersey.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:21:42 pm »

looks very nice, idilic and calm..........only wish we had waters like that to sail on at Fleetwood.
enjoy the move and happy sailing.
neil.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 01:20:59 pm »

Looks very nice, hope to visit next year when my wife is doing the around Jersey Swim.

Out of intrest why is the Lion club moving ?.

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 01:22:17 pm »

looks very nice, idilic and calm..........only wish we had waters like that to sail on at Fleetwood.
enjoy the move and happy sailing.
neil.

Ah,but you have the wind in Fleetwood Neil!

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 01:25:39 pm »

Ah,but you have the wind in Fleetwood Neil!

No good for libeboats, mate.................I don't take them out in rough weather %% %% %% %% %%

Lancejsy

• Full Mayhemer
  • How much!!
    • jerseymodelboats
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 01:46:17 pm »

The Lion park is closing down in January so the boys will have to move at some time.
hey have been offered a small irrigation pool for the time being with plans to dig a bigger one hopefully in a few years time.
The reservoir is permanent
home for jersey model boats so for the first in the island members will have two places to have fun. 
Hope to see you on the rock soon Thelongbuild, so post on jerseymodelboats when you are over and you will be made welcome and have
some fun on our water as there will boats on the pond every weekend you can use.
Cheers gents

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 01:59:58 pm »

No good for libeboats, mate.................I don't take them out in rough weather %% %% %% %% %%

I remember it was no good for lifeboats when I was rowing that all steel bathtub round the marine lake many moons ago!

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 05:46:13 pm »

Great news! If all goes according to plan - unlikely as that may be - I should be spending most of next year in Jersey. Yet another reason to look forward to it.
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

Lancejsy

• Full Mayhemer
  • How much!!
    • jerseymodelboats
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 06:50:11 pm »

You will be made more then welcome Jonty. We can get started on the water next week Sat 29 as we have a few things to sort out.
The water is for anything that floats so bring anything you want or one of the boys will lend you a boat.
Cheers

Lance

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 08:30:39 pm »

I remember it was no good for lifeboats when I was rowing that all steel bathtub round the marine lake many moons ago!
the raw recruits still row the same bathtubs around the lake...............its great fun to see six oars going every which way but in the water together, lol.........don't think they know what following stroke means, lol

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 01:20:25 pm »

the raw recruits still row the same bathtubs around the lake...............its great fun to see six oars going every which way but in the water together, lol.........don't think they know what following stroke means, lol

Back at FNC this weekend, 2nd reunion and 120 anniversay celebrations.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 02:23:48 pm »

whan were you there, sailerboy........my mother was there as cook in charge the years of Ted heath paying a visit..long years ago but she enjoyed it, lol

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 02:29:23 pm »

whan were you there, sailerboy........my mother was there as cook in charge the years of Ted heath paying a visit..long years ago but she enjoyed it, lol

1980 -1984

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 09:32:23 pm »

Ahh..........she was there in the early to mid 70's......it's changed a lot over the years and especially in the last two with a lot of building projects going on.....

you'd probably have been there when our second coxs'n of the lifeboat, Steve Musgrave was there, maybe??

Lancejsy

• Full Mayhemer
  • How much!!
    • jerseymodelboats
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 04:50:50 pm »

Hello from here in wet jersey. Yesterday morning saw Jersey Model Boats test day which was a success.
 Here are a couple of pictures from the crystal clear waters of La Hague reservoir.

You can fall out of your car put up your folding chair and off you go.
Once we are up and running, the fast electrics will have their test day on the water.

Any questions about our new water just ask or visit jerseymodelboats.com. Thank you  :-)) :-))
Lance
[/size]

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 05:14:21 pm »

Am realy pleased for all the lads on Jersey having somewhere new to sail was made very welcome last year when I came to see you all at the Lion park such a friendly lot and nice cup of tea hopefuly will be back next year and will look up the new water, Sorry I lost the two bits of paper with e,mail addys on think one was the chairmans and another was from a member who wanted some info about a crane from someone at your club will try and find them again, missed you all at the Doncaster show this year.
                  Regards Howard.      (goole model boat club )

Lancejsy

• Full Mayhemer
  • How much!!
    • jerseymodelboats
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 06:19:12 pm »

Hello Howard. This new water is for Jersey Model Boats and comes just at the right time as most members belong to both.
The lion park will close in Jan 2013, and they have new water as far as I know but a lot smaller, too small for yachts and fast electrics.
So good news all round.
Cheers

tonysmoke

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 09:32:03 am »

Hello Howard And glad you had a good time here in jersey and at the lion park model boat club, yes the new water looks great and will be open to all to use,
I hope to be at doncaster next year along with some of our members from jersey model boats .com I have had some great times in Doncaster your show is always  outstanding and so friendly,  as for the LPMBC  move well its all up in the air at the moment iam sure the club will keep us all informed if and when we have to move,  cheers from not so sunny jersey,
t le b

Lancejsy

• Full Mayhemer
  • How much!!
    • jerseymodelboats
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 08:21:21 pm »

Today(29th) our small group got a little bigger with members asking for more forms to join us on the reservoir.
Thanks to Tonysmoke we now have the last pieces of the jigsaw in place.
If all goes to plan the fast boys will be out to play on the reservoir which always attracts the public driving past on the top road as they did to day.
Here are a couple of pics from today's yachts and members enjoying the water.

Frank was joining in with the IOM's with his little Sunrise 24, and it was going well.

This is one of my yachts, a Robbe Windstar and they go really well.

You can see all the pictures from today at jerseymodelboats.com Cheers all Lance

Lancejsy

• Full Mayhemer
  • How much!!
    • jerseymodelboats
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 02:31:41 pm »

We are on the water every weekend now and we will be having the first of many Regattas on the reservoir
 this coming Sunday 28th Oct and everyone on the rock will be made more then welcome.

JMBC also have a club house to use, it is Frank's mobile home and we now have water, microwave, telly,
 heating, cooker and toilet also somewhere to sit and have our lunch in the dry and putting the world to rights LOL!!!

Cheers Frank  :-)) :-)) :-))
[/size]

Gtugger

• Shipmate
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 04:36:36 pm »

JERSEY MODEL BOATS . COM  IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LION PARK MODEL BOAT CLUB. IF YOU WISH THE TRUTH AND NOT RUMOUR OR MISINFORMATION GO TO THE LION PARK WEBSITE ANY OTHER INFO IS NOT TO BE ACCEPTED OR RELIED ON. >:-o >:-o

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 04:59:16 pm »

Shouting don't help.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Lancejsy

• Full Mayhemer
  • How much!!
    • jerseymodelboats
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 06:55:06 pm »

It is common knowledge on the island that the lion park will close on jan 31st.
It is also common knowledge that the lion park boat club have been offered an irrigation pond at a local farming business.
If you have any questions or you are upset about any of my posts, please let me know and I will try to put things right and as many of our group belong to the lion park everything is hear say from up the pond.
Jersey model boats in no way what so ever have anything to do with the Lion Park Model Boat Club.
I hope this clears things up for you mr Gtugger.

billa65t

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 09:45:26 pm »

Just to put the facts on here instead of the rumours and misinformation that seams to doing the rounds at the moment.
The Lion Park is not closing on January 31st
Jersey Goldsmiths which currently rent part of the property are leaving the park in January but the Company that own the property Flying Brands are Not.
Flying Brands are currently in negotiation to lease the glasshouses but not the park.
Flying Brands are aware  that the Lion Park Model Boat Club are based at the pond and in the short term see no issues with us being there.
we do not have any guarantee of how long we may be able to use the pond but it does not appear we will have to move in the forseable future.
We have been offered the use of a irrigation pond to use as and when we want with the prospect of having a new pond built for us at a later date

I hope this clears things up for everyone as hear say can get people into trouble !
For further information regarding the LPMBC you check out the clubs official website WWW.lionparkmodelboatclub.co.uk
and not Jerseymodelboats.com which as they say has nothing to do with the Lion Park Model Boat Club  :-))

tonysmoke

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 08:31:16 am »

WELL I.AM GLAD THATS SORTED THEN,   I hope we can now get on and enjoy our new lake in the valley witch as Lance said is open to all just log on to
jerseymodelboats.com and come and have some FREE fun in the sun, cheers all  KEEP ON BOATING,
t le b
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.