Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Submarine Astute launch and visiting RN ships  (Read 2292 times)

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
New Submarine Astute launch and visiting RN ships
« on: May 04, 2007, 12:24:05 pm »

Hi,

From our local press last night:

HMS Lancaster (type 23 frigate) and HMS Exeter (type 42 destroyer) will be visiting Barrow on the weekend of the launch of the new Astute Submarine, June 8th.

HMS Exeter will be open to the public, but there are currently no plans to open HMS Lancaster.

Lancaster will be here on June 8th, the day of the launch before moving on to Lancaster.

These two shipa will tie up either side of HMS Onyx, a Falklands veteran submarine.

There will also be a visit from RN training ships HMS Biter and HMS Charger. The replica Napoleonic ship Grand Turk will be present and open for tours.

This is extracted from local press, if there is any wrong info blame the press! i am not connected in any way.

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New Submarine Astute launch and visiting RN ships
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 05:39:52 pm »

So that's where the Onyx went.  I went through her a year or so ago when she was still at the Historic Ships Museum at Birkenhead.

It still amazes me the cramped conditions on board what I would class as a relatively modern sub.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New Submarine Astute launch and visiting RN ships
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 09:52:00 pm »

:)Hi  Bunkerbarge

Have got tickets for  open weekend after the launch. Pickering last weekend  model railway show lots of interest in the model boats. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.