Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple of Questions about Steam, Sound & Lights  (Read 1655 times)

daverolph

Couple of Questions about Steam, Sound & Lights
« on: May 07, 2007, 03:58:04 pm »

I like the look of JJC smokey Joe and the tripple expansion sound for our new Boston Typhoon Model from Mountfleet, I looked at JJC a while back and remember that he had a bit of bad press, I noticed that Westbourne Models have started to sell these and would suspect that the after sales service has improved - Would I be correct ?

Also I have never lit anything up on a model (well not on purpose) but can anyone give me any decent links for a beginner ?

I really want to add as much as I can to this boat as I am sure it is big enough to take it all, so that is a complete set of lights, steam, engine sound and possibly ships horn ?

Any decent links ?

One last question, I lost the details but we once used a really good guy for the decals - I think it was Mikes Decals, is he still going ?

Thanks in advance.

Dave & Mike

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Couple of Questions about Steam, Sound & Lights
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 04:36:06 pm »

Decals : www.modellettering.com

Check out Traders Directory link on Mayhem home page menu for other items.

Westbournes are pretty good.

Richard ;)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

daverolph

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 11:14:18 am »

Richard

Thanks for the reply and the link.

I was really looking to see if Mikes Decals was still on the go as his service was 1st class, if he is no longer in business I will use the link but I would rather buy from him.

Regarding looking at the trade directory that was not really what I was after, a kind of idiots guide to LED's would be good, I have read a couple of posts and was looking for something I could actually tackle.

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 11:46:48 pm »

try looking at the component shop web site http://www.component-shop.co.uk/index.html they have a good explanation on reistors etc and also look in the maplins catalouge but beware component shop is cheaper Stavros
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.