Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car insurance is a JOKE!!!!!!!  (Read 4393 times)

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Car insurance is a JOKE!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 11:52:42 pm »

...try insuring a car in Ontario, Canada, flipping rip off, even at 53 it was over 1200 Cdn, like 800 £b , I insured 2 cars for less in Devon, where do I apply to get naturalisation...and heat supplements when I retire, almost forgot the free bus pass

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 12:34:38 am »

There are lots of reasons for high insurance. Young drivers ie 18 - 25 are involved in lots more accidents than other age groups. But, the biggest reasons are claims management companies, accident fraud, the fact that almost everyone in an accident wants some 'compo' of sorts plus wants a hire car replacement and expects the 'other' guy to pay for it.

Until we knock this culture of wanting compo for trivial accidents and expecting someone else to pay for replacement cars and outlaw \ severely restrict the claims management co's etc on the head, premiums will keep leaping skywards each year.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 12:32:56 pm »

Hi all, I have just renewed my car insurance and it is good news!  Initial renewal premium was actually a few pounds less.
After 10 mins on the gocompare website found a much better quote with same insurance company, different broker.
Went back to my broker and agreed a new price.
30 mins max and the premium came down another £50.00, so £70 less than last year.
regards Roy

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 12:55:32 pm »

Don't forget as well that premiums are about to be equalised between men an women. In the past women have paid a lower premium and men a higher, from now on both will pay the same with women having to pay more and men slightly less, all courtesy of the Common Market people.

LB

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 01:12:37 pm »

Don't forget as well that premiums are about to be equalised between men an women. In the past women have paid a lower premium and men a higher, from now on both will pay the same with women having to pay more and men slightly less, all courtesy of the Common Market people.

Actually, I think men will continue to pay the same and females will be levelled up given the way that the insurers operate.

Colin

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 01:39:02 pm »

I had a little shunt (and by little it was less than 5mph) when a post office van turned blindly right from behind a stationary bus, I had less than 6 ft to react and stop, - good job I had prepared and slowed first.) anyway the damage to my car was a dented bonnet broken grill and broken numberplate.
they wrote the car off as cat c (minor structural damage) - the assessor costed the repairs as over £2000. I kept the car (forefeiting £250 scrap value) and got a new bonnet and grill on ebay - 5 minutes from home - £40, plus £15 for a new st of numberplates - a little more for an identity check (wouldnt have been needed if they had done it as a cat d - damage beyond economical repair) and the car was back on the road. the silly bit was that my little v40 (1.8l) was more expensive to insure than the bigger heavier 2.5l 850.
grendel
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 23 queries.