Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Miss Budweiser  (Read 7698 times)

gebo

• Shipmate
Miss Budweiser
« on: October 08, 2012, 08:55:58 pm »

Hi,
My name is Georgy. I am from Bulgaria.
Can someone help me with plans of '94 Miss Budweiser T6 ?
I know about Newton Marine, but their price ( price + shipping to Bulgaria ) is impossible for me.
Thanks !

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Miss Budweiser
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 11:11:04 pm »

Welcome Georgy, do you know about Astec Models who have some free hydroplane plans online. Not the one you want but free to download, worth a look.    BTW you must be our first Bulgarian Mayhemer. :-)) https://astecmodels.co.uk/plans.php
..well can you land on this?

gebo

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 05:52:50 am »

Welcome Georgy, do you know about Astec Models who have some free hydroplane plans online. Not the one you want but free to download, worth a look.    BTW you must be our first Bulgarian Mayhemer. :-)) https://astecmodels.co.uk/plans.php

Hi,
I know for ASTEC, I build on their plans 1/8 scale PAY'N PAK ( by Garry Finlay project ).
If interested I will continue to upload photos for my work on Miss Budweiser T6.
Waiting to receive advice on the project.

duggy

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 06:44:16 pm »

Hello Gregory, I am new here too. Your post has prompted me to register. With the indulgence of the other forum members please allow me to introduce myself. I too am from Bulgaria, I am an retired  scotsman living in the town of Smoylan, about 90 kilometres from you , I obviously share the same interests as you , having just completed a couple of 1/8 scale hydros. a" Karlseson" low profile  (notre dam ) and" o boy oberto" hull.I am also in an advanced state of construction with a "dropped sponson! roundnose hull to 1/6 scale( a monster) .I also have several other boats in the construction stage, (winter nights are long in the mountains ! )

The purpose of my post  was to ask,  if perhaps  you have any interest in meeting sometime, I live on the lake next to the "Ripkata" restaurant, if you fancy a beer , glasss of wine or coffee let me know! I also share the same problems as you with regard to postage from overseas, currently i import all materials etc> I would also be interested if you could point me in the direction of any modelling shops in the Plovdiv area!

May I take this opportunity to thank the forum for welcoming me so promptly and kindly,  much appreciated!

Doug

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:16:54 pm »

C`mon Duggy ye canny retire frae bein a Scot,  are ye daft ! >>:-(     Welcome anyway, glad you`ve found a soulmate in your adopted country .  Wouldn`t mind seeing some pictures of your hydroplanes.  I`ve made a start on a 1/12th roundnose from the Astec free plans with the idea of making it into a semi-scale Campbell K4.  Probably a surface piercer with cable drive but not sure yet.  Swop you some pics !

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 10:08:06 pm »

welcome aboard guys  :-))

gebo

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 06:43:30 am »

Hello Gregory, I am new here too. Your post has prompted me to register. With the indulgence of the other forum members please allow me to introduce myself. I too am from Bulgaria, I am an retired  scotsman living in the town of Smoylan, about 90 kilometres from you , I obviously share the same interests as you , having just completed a couple of 1/8 scale hydros. a" Karlseson" low profile  (notre dam ) and" o boy oberto" hull.I am also in an advanced state of construction with a "dropped sponson! roundnose hull to 1/6 scale( a monster) .I also have several other boats in the construction stage, (winter nights are long in the mountains ! )

The purpose of my post  was to ask,  if perhaps  you have any interest in meeting sometime, I live on the lake next to the "Ripkata" restaurant, if you fancy a beer , glasss of wine or coffee let me know! I also share the same problems as you with regard to postage from overseas, currently i import all materials etc> I would also be interested if you could point me in the direction of any modelling shops in the Plovdiv area!

May I take this opportunity to thank the forum for welcoming me so promptly and kindly,  much appreciated!

Doug

Здравей Дъг,
Добре дошъл, много се радвам, че си от България, затова си позволявам да ти пиша на български.
Приятно ми е да се запозная с човек с интереси, като моите.
Надявам се да обменяме опит и мисли за хобито ни, а на пролет, когато сме готови с новите си модели, да ги покараме на езерото при теб и да изпием по чаша вино в "Рибката".
Сърдечни поздрави !!!

П.П. Кажи какви магазини те интересуват тук в района, какви материали ти трябват и въобще всичко с което мога да ти помогна, по професия съм електронен инженер, на 46 год.

Sorry, but no foreign languages are allowed

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 07:07:22 am »

Hi Gebo welcome,your best bet for plans for your project would be newton Marine started by the late great Roger Newton now owned by his son they should have the plans you need but theyre not free.
Mart
http://www.newtonmarine.com/
PS Nice start on your roundnose Arrow  :-))

duggy

• Shipmate
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 08:00:59 am »

Dober den Gregory!
I suspect your english is much better than my Bulgarian ! I had to get my wife, (also scottish) to act as prevodatcka! Thank you for your kind reply! I certainly look forward to sharing a glass or two of wine with you in the Ribkata restaurant. My house is only 30 metres from the lake and you would be welcome any time! Despite living here for nearly 7 years my command of the Bulgarian language is limited (camo malko as you say)  I would be interested to know of any modelling shops in the Plovdiv area, I have a need to find plywood , fuel and all general modeling stuff, the cost of postage from abroad , is as you know , very expensive. Perhaps we may meet before the spring to exchange some ideas etc , let me know!

To " Arrow 5" and "Stormbringer" many thanks for your warm welcome! unfortunately when it comes to computery things im pretty thick,I will however attempt  to get to grips with posting a picture or two of my boats,I will try not to inconvenience any of the other forum members, please bear with me!

Once again many thanks

cheers doug

duggy

• Shipmate
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 09:34:28 am »

"caution" computer illiterate scotsman, 1st attempt at sending pics , apologies in advance to more experiened members

cheers doug

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 10:24:52 am »

Great pics, got any of them on the water ? I know I`m a PITA ;D O0

gebo

• Shipmate
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 03:26:52 pm »

Hi Gebo welcome,your best bet for plans for your project would be newton Marine started by the late great Roger Newton now owned by his son they should have the plans you need but theyre not free.
Mart
http://www.newtonmarine.com/
PS Nice start on your roundnose Arrow  :-))

Impossible for me to buy my plans from Newton. I used pictures of Miss Budd and made ​​his plans and began working on the project. If interested I will upload photos.
This I have done so far.

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 03:43:48 pm »

be very careful  if you click on the images to enlarge them.... you get more than enlarged images on screen !!!!!!!!

no suitable if minors are about !!!
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 04:08:05 pm »

Hmmm, all I`m getting are the pictures of the boat and some annoying celeb/showbiz gossip pics and ads for iPods, same as I normally get. Nothing dicey. {:-{ :((

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 04:41:17 pm »

Gebo, is that blue polystyrene foam ?   Easy way to get curves. :-))   Are you going to use those pieces as moulds for a fibreglass shell or are they parts for the model ?

gebo

• Shipmate
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 06:26:29 pm »

Yes, this is polystterene foam. This pieces is parts for the model...and may be fiberglass shell.

gebo

• Shipmate
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 06:30:27 pm »

................Sorry for bulgarian language

Sorry, but no foreign languages are allowed

gebo

• Shipmate
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 06:32:41 pm »

This is dry dock for Miss Bud !

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 07:28:28 pm »

Gebo, another source of plans that I found very useful for me as a beginner was www.modelbouw.gompy.net/boottekeningen    They have various scale plans by G. Finlay. Useful for details of turn fins, wire-drives (and angles of them) and sponsons etc. Each one has a page of construction sequence and recommended materials.  Worth a look in my opinion.

gebo

• Shipmate
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 07:36:59 pm »

Thanks, I know this site.
We write with Garry, he sent me many of his plans.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 07:39:27 pm »

That is good, he builds lovely models. :-))

gebo

• Shipmate
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 09:01:07 pm »

"caution" computer illiterate scotsman, 1st attempt at sending pics , apologies in advance to more experiened members

cheers doug

Hi Doug,
Tell me more about these wonderful models

duggy

• Shipmate
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 07:17:41 am »

Good morning Gregory,

The red and black boat is a Karelson "low profile" hull (notre dam) Gary Finlay plans to 1/8 scale, approx 44 inches long. It was originally built to be electric, but having messed about with some brushless motors and lipos i decided they werent for me .Being on a limited budget the engine came from my collection of glow engines. the engine is an old but brand new HB 61 PDP  Stamo helicopter engine, I stripped it down , polished all the cases, replaced the original perry carb with a slightly bigger bore asp carb , crossed drilled the head to accept to alloy tubes which were then threaded to accept 5mm brass nipples, The engine was run with a 11inch aero prop and turns approx 13500 rpm, im hoping this will be enough to at least get the boat on plane but i dont know, i would think it produces about 1.5 hp. the boat weighs 10 lbs . It has yet to see water! I am hoping one of the older members here could suggest a starting point for a propellor size, the engine has a rear shaft on which i mounted a small fan from an old hirobo helicopter engine. we will see!

The blue boat is the "o boy oberto hull " again from Gary Finlay  plans, it is again to 1/8 scale , approx 44 inches , weighs 12 lbs, has very interesting sponsons, which caused me some headaches, it is powered by an old , but completed rebuilt  os 65 vrm engine , should be interesting !has approx 3 hp, i have yet to decide on an exhaust system , as i dont really want a huge tuned pipe hanging out the back.

The unfinished boat is a reworking of the Gary Finlay plans of the Ted Jones  classic roundnose. I had always like the look of the dropped sponson boats , i reworked the plans to show open , dropped sponsons, it is to 1/6 scale , being some 56 inches long by 24 inch beam,it has a lot of stainless steel on it , the cowl front panel , transom etc and seems like a monster!It will have mahogony and red cedar planked decks, I think it will weigh approx 22 lbs finished, which at the moment is a concern to me! As yet I have not decided what engine it will have ,I have another two brand new HB61 stamo helicopter engines which I am considering making into a twin inline , overdriving them by 1.5 times , on the other hand it may have a sthill chaisaw engine! I dont know

This is new territory for me, It is some 40 something years since I built model boats , how things have changed. My experience in the past was old "merco 61" "webras" and "ED" engines! Now everybody seems to have huge amounts of power , and the engines all cost a kings ransom, I am afraid I am somewhat "old school"

No matter, its just a hobby! which I am once again enjoying, one of these days I will  actually get a boat into the water, the lake at Ribkata, is actually only 30 metres from my front door!

However , time for a coffee, it is now cold here in the mountains in the mornings , I hope you have a good day in Plovdiv my friend, and I hope that we may meet soon

doscoro Doug

gebo

• Shipmate
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 08:25:12 am »

Good morning Doug,
Thanks for information about yours models.
I want to see them live.
I'm going to work a little, would later write about the shops that interest you.
I wish you a nice day!

Georgy

gebo

• Shipmate
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 06:15:15 am »

Little progress on the model.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.