Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Info on old trawler?  (Read 2830 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Info on old trawler?
« on: October 08, 2012, 09:41:25 pm »

Via email to Mayhem...

Hi Martin,

My name is Marius from South africa, I am a keen boat modeller and a 3d modeller during the week, I've come across this lady in the link shown and was wondering if you could perhaps guide me to some more information about her as I would love to model her myself, If you by chance have the builders contact details, that would be much appreciated.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/shows2010/Doncaster2010/imagepages/image66.html

Kind Regards and thank you for an Awesome website!
 Marius

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Info on old trawler?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:44:31 pm »

its a coaster Martin , there is a drifter in the background of the first photo but the close up is a coaster
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 09:47:19 pm »

It's not a trawler martin but a "raised quarter deck single hatch coaster, similar to the old Caldercraft coaster Talacre and the Mountfleet models coaster Ben Ain, but it's neither of those two.

It looks from the shape of the flair on the bow that it was a scratch build on the old Metcalf Mouldings hull, Kyle Rae, and if it's about 50 inches long or a bit more I would put my money on the latter, as the Kyle rae didn't come with any detailing except for the rubbing strakes on the hull.
neil.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 09:53:12 pm »

No correction....just looked on the site for York model bioat club and it looks possibly like the Mountfleet models Clanity coaster but with re aranged for deck hatches

first used during the second world war.

neil.

garethjones35

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:48:15 pm »

The model in question is owned by Steve Agar, Chairman of York Model Boat Club.  I think it was scratch built but not by Steve.  I suggest if you want to get in touch with him, try the 'contact us' page on the York MBC website, www.yorkmodelboatclub.co.uk

Gareth
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.