Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Credit where credit is due.  (Read 2504 times)

greenhouse al

• Shipmate
Credit where credit is due.
« on: October 17, 2012, 04:41:22 pm »

Hi Guy's
I joined Mayham a while back but have never posted before as i have not built anything yet and am still learning.Ithought i would send my first post as a big thankyou To Bosun Model Boat's
I had'nt built a boat before but fancied the Crabber from his website,talking toBosun he ran me through all the things i needed to do to buildd my first boat,
and i must give credit where it's due. I orderedit on a monday and i recieved it on the thursday. Lovely crisp lines and well worth the price which i understand is cheaper on his  website than what
it is on ebay. Very pleased with the kit and his help. So a big thumbs up  and thankyou. www.bosunsmodelboats.com Big Al.

ardarossan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Credit where credit is due.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:57:39 pm »

Hi Al,

Cheers for the recommendation based on your experience, I have just followed the link to check out the website.
It looks good and is easy to navigate, but there isn't an 'About Us page', and the ontact details are limited to a phone number and email address. From the amount of stock displayed, would it be reasonable to assume that might be a new company?

Personally, I am not comfortable using dealers/traders that only (appear to) have a website, unless they provide a few background/location deails too.

Andy
How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck would chuck wood?

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 06:06:48 pm »

Hi Guy's
I joined Mayham a while back but have never posted before as i have not built anything yet and am still learning.Ithought i would send my first post as a big thankyou To Bosun Model Boat's
I had'nt built a boat before but fancied the Crabber from his website,talking toBosun he ran me through all the things i needed to do to buildd my first boat,
and i must give credit where it's due. I orderedit on a monday and i recieved it on the thursday. Lovely crisp lines and well worth the price which i understand is cheaper on his  website than what
it is on ebay. Very pleased with the kit and his help. So a big thumbs up  and thankyou. www.bosunsmodelboats.com Big Al.

Alan, would this venture be anything to do with Victoria Mouldings Ltd as a matter of interest?
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

grub

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:34:09 pm »

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 12:56:09 am »

I've never once heard anyone complain about Bosun's products or service - I'd like to buy a couple of his boats to be honest.

Dave

slug

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 06:30:11 am »

have bought a couple of his boats, very helpfull ,ex mouldings,nothing to much trouble,met him at haydock,a very nice man.  slug

jenno

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 11:33:20 am »

I've just finished building one of Bosun's Puffers, I can't fault his mouldings and the all in one wheelhouse/Deckhouse makes it an easy build

Jenno
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.