Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Property Covenants  (Read 8123 times)

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Property Covenants
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 12:00:13 am »

It was a polite suggestion only.

There is no need for hostility
Hostile post deleted.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 12:31:36 am »

Yeah!   :police:
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 04:22:05 am »

The whole post should go. >>:-( >>:-(

To many if and buts and no detail, just taking up space. <*< <*<

For example, the originator failed to give details of the covenant, such as, who is it with and therefore if the covenant has been breached, his recourse is to that person/entity he has the covenant with for the  supply of water, may not necessarilly be the Water Board. O0 O0

Not too mention what else may be indicated by the covenant document/s.

Gunna build those other boats one day.

richald

• Full Mayhemer
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 06:25:48 am »

This will be my last post in this thread . . .

First of all my apologies to tigertiger (and anybody else) if any of my posts have appeared
hostile or offensive, I did not intend them to be.

I am disappointed that people feel this thread is irrelevant and/or should be removed,
looking down the list of threads in this chit-chat forum, the same finger could have
been pointed at lots of other threads, but wasn't.

Sorting out  problems related to covenants and land registry documents (and water
boards!) can be difficult, time consuming and downright frustrating at times - I know
I went through this with selling one house, and buying another recently - I thought
it might have been of interest to forum members.

Subject closed on my part.

Richard

BTW Martin - is the spell-checker broken? - I can't get it to work today.
Senior member of the OGG (Order of the Grumpy Gits)
Membership Number : 002

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 07:56:11 am »

I have to say that I have followed this thread with interest. I did not contribute as I had nothing constructive to say, but I am slightly stunned to see a suggestion to stop it. Please keep it going and hopefully we can find out the final result.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 09:01:58 am »

I'm with Barry, I am also finding it interesting.   
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Raymond

• Shipmate
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 09:23:18 am »

So am I

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 09:27:19 am »

It's an interesting situation but the whole issue turns on the wording of the covenant and the legal background to that in which case professional legal opinion is likely to be needed whether it comes from privately engaged lawyers or the Citizen's Advice Bureau. It is probably unlikely that the original covenant envisaged the fitting of individual property water meters so it may well be that the metered water charges should be made to the MOD if they are legally responsible for providing water free to the property occupant.

Colin

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 09:42:09 am »

It's an interesting situation but the whole issue turns on the wording of the covenant and the legal background to that in which case professional legal opinion is likely to be needed whether it comes from privately engaged lawyers or the Citizen's Advice Bureau. It is probably unlikely that the original covenant envisaged the fitting of individual property water meters so it may well be that the metered water charges should be made to the MOD if they are legally responsible for providing water free to the property occupant.

Colin

:-)) :-)) :-))
Gunna build those other boats one day.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 10:06:43 am »

First of all my apologies to tigertiger (and anybody else) if any of my posts have appeared
hostile or offensive, I did not intend them to be.

Hi Richald and grub,
It was not your posting that was considered hostile, no problem.
Now that the thread appears to have a wider audience I am happy for it to continue.
TT
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 10:18:55 am »

Grub, perhaps you need to add a model boat input, - say perhaps you are considering the cost to fill the paddling pool to test a model boat.  ok2  :-))
looks for tongue firmly in cheek smiley to insert here.
Grendel

grub

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 06:38:39 pm »

Grub, perhaps you need to add a model boat input, - say perhaps you are considering the cost to fill the paddling pool to test a model boat.  ok2  :-))
looks for tongue firmly in cheek smiley to insert here.
Grendel
{-)That's one of the reasons I don't want a meter, the 7000 gallon Koi pond that needs a clean out at least once a year :-)), sorry if I stirred you all up a bit I just thouht the combined years of experience on the forum might have some ideas and they did :}. The MOD are in the process of closing down the depot and it is to be sold for private housing, the covenant was with a property neighbouring the depot which was sold to a developer and has since been sold as separate units after the barns were converted. Now...In theory the guy that bought the farmhouse is responsible and so it looks like I'll be knocking on his door, that'll please him no doubt(put yourself in his shoes). I'm going to have to go down the legal route I think to at least try and enforce the covenant, I'd just rather not have the hassle. I have found out though that... If it happened more than 20 years ago and he can prove it he won't be liable, I'm just not sure where that leaves me {:-{

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 07:12:30 pm »

... I'm just not sure where that leaves me {:-{

Paddleless on a dried up creek bed I suspect. :)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2012, 07:20:30 pm »

I also found it an interesting subject. However Colin has a fair point in that a layer needs to read the fine print to give you advice on the best way to proceed. I think it opened our eyes as to how we are never safe from big business & government has little interest in helping us anymore. We across the pond are starting to have similar problems & as resources get more valueable it will only get worse. A boat forum may not be the best place to raise the subject but then where do we do it, it certainly has drawn a lot of comments here, some I felt were very helpful. It is now getting to the point that we must use every means at our desposal to bring government or corporations wrong doing into the open, it seems to be the only way left in many cases. All that said I hope you win in the end, don't give up. Mick B.
Mick B.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2012, 11:06:29 pm »

Just to drop back to something pointed out earlier

Chit-Chat
Almost anything you like in here...

There is a lot of anti chit chat feelings knocking about  (not meaning you TT) and I'm fed up with it all. One thing Chit Chat offers us all is the chance to talk to other people (who share our interest in boats) about other things. It is an extension of, and an avenue to wider friendships - long may it continue to compliment all the other wonderful boards facilitated by Martin that are exclusively for boats.

I really hope you eventually  win through with your water problem Slug - but it will all take time as the water board move at a Snail's pace  {-)  :embarrassed: terrible joke wasn't it.

Dave

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2012, 12:17:08 am »

Isn't part of the water rates for sewage system charges and other stuff as well as water supply? How does that fit into the equation, or is that also covered by the covenant?
Hope you are successful in your forthcoming war with the water board ( or whatever they call them selves these days). And Dave, quite agree mate... :-)) :-)) :-))
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

hammer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2012, 03:37:19 pm »

Just think yourself luckey you don't live in Devon or Cornwall. You bill would be BIG.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2012, 05:11:31 pm »

With Thames water ,I am in dispuite over my bill. They wacket the cost up by god knows how many % but way above inflation. I phoned them ,they just did not want to know. So I payed what I consindered a Fair price and left it at that. Got a final demand and all the usual engnored them. Havent heard a pip out of them for 6 months now. Persion who holds the money is in a stronger position to set the terms. I heard that there is talk that soon we can choise our water companys like we can with gas and eletric

john

grub

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2012, 08:37:17 pm »

Isn't part of the water rates for sewage system charges and other stuff as well as water supply? How does that fit into the equation, or is that also covered by the covenant?
Hope you are successful in your forthcoming war with the water board ( or whatever they call them selves these days). And Dave, quite agree mate... :-)) :-)) :-))
Nick we're in the sticks and on a septic tank for sewage, I think when the MOD moved onto the site and put in bore holes the well (yes well, it's in the garden still but then so's the septic tank %%) was less reliable so the farm opposite and here were connected to their supply, at some point when a new water main was put in we were connected to it...

grub

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2012, 08:42:03 pm »

With Thames water ,I am in dispuite over my bill. They wacket the cost up by god knows how many % but way above inflation. I phoned them ,they just did not want to know. So I payed what I consindered a Fair price and left it at that. Got a final demand and all the usual engnored them. Havent heard a pip out of them for 6 months now. Persion who holds the money is in a stronger position to set the terms. I heard that there is talk that soon we can choise our water companys like we can with gas and eletric

john
John when my father had the boats at Folly Bridge and Thames was privatised, the licence for the two rafts went from £40 to £800 O0. He never paid and left it to the solicitors, last we heard was when they went back to Thames and said that as we owned the river bed it was felt only fair they paid to run their water over our land, never heard anything else about the rafts {-).

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2012, 10:21:30 pm »

might be worth checking the well - you could be selling water to the water company. at very least it gives you a bargaining point, also if you do use the water from the well - even if just to water the garden / fill the kio pond flush the toilets etc, if they do put you on a meter it will keep your water bills way down. just use the mains water for cooking / drinking.
Grendel

grub

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2012, 10:25:20 pm »

might be worth checking the well - you could be selling water to the water company. at very least it gives you a bargaining point, also if you do use the water from the well - even if just to water the garden / fill the kio pond flush the toilets etc, if they do put you on a meter it will keep your water bills way down. just use the mains water for cooking / drinking.
Grendel
I wouldn't dare use it for anything other than the garden Grendel without boiling, it's 15ft from the Victorian brick built septic and surely wouldn't have been put in nowadays. I do know though that it was an addition as you can still see where the trap was that was opened to remove the bucket in what was originally the toilet {:-{

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2012, 12:09:36 am »

might be worth checking the well - you could be selling water to the water company.

I would keep very quiet about that well - little thing called abstraction rights means you'd probably end up paying them for the water you get out of it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.