Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An old Al Khubar...  (Read 3345 times)

adamD98

• Full Mayhemer
  • Born free, forced to work!
An old Al Khubar...
« on: October 22, 2012, 07:20:57 pm »

Hi all,

Well, it's about time I got something posted - So, here is just 3 shots from today after testing out my Al Khubar 2 (after a few years spent neglected and knoced about somewhat!) -

Be gentle folks  :embarrassed: {-)

She's quite worn out and in need of some TLC to certain area's - but she works and did quite well today. A minor leak coming in via the Anchor/hull entry points when the Bow Wave reaches that height - but that'll be sorted tomorrow  O0.

I'm considering converting for Tug towing - Any advice welcomed on this....

Keep an eye out for my "other" Al Khubar which is being built from a rescued kit, and my Aziz build too...only, not Aziz haha  {-)

Thanks everyone  :-))

Adam
Cheers,

-Adam-

adamD98

• Full Mayhemer
Re: An old Al Khubar...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 11:55:14 am »

Hi all, quick couple of questions:

- If I wanted to convert this old girl to a Light towin tug, how would I go about this? Advice welcomed.

- The wheelhouse roof had been glued down tight  %) :-X  so, i'm wanting to get inside to have a clean up and possibly install lights etc - how would you recommend removing the roof without damaging the rest of the wheelhouse? Again, advice is much appreciated.
Cheers,

-Adam-

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 11:17:54 am »

TBH, she still looks in good nick. Besides, working boats shouldnt be pristine imho so any knocks and scraps should just be touched up as you say with a little paint.

Again imo, I wouldnt try and take a well glued on roof off especially one that has railings, a mast and other furniture attached. You'll likely only cause far more damage.

adamD98

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 09:17:40 am »

Your probably right about the glued on roof - it's tempting fate a little to much I think. So, i'll opt for putting lights in the other boats when and where I can.
- I'm just waiting on a conversion kit to arrive to change the ratchet in my Tx to a spring.
 I don't think i'll convert this one for towing either as she sails very very well with fantastic steering. Possibly re-paint her Blue though....
Cheers,

-Adam-

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 09:31:07 am »

Your probably right about the glued on roof - it's tempting fate a little to much I think. So, i'll opt for putting lights in the other boats when and where I can.
- I'm just waiting on a conversion kit to arrive to change the ratchet in my Tx to a spring.
 I don't think i'll convert this one for towing either as she sails very very well with fantastic steering. Possibly re-paint her Blue though....
Blue is good

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

adamD98

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 11:39:08 am »

Thanks DickyD - Yes, I'm a fan of the blue, it stands out quite well on the water in my opinion  :-)
Cheers,

-Adam-
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.