Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fleetwood docks  (Read 1416 times)

balders

Fleetwood docks
« on: October 25, 2012, 08:24:22 pm »

Hi all,
      I am up in Blackpool for a few days soon and wondered if anyone can tell me if it's worth a run up to Fleetwood.Hoping for a chance to see some vessels.Do they still work out of there? Are there any boats I could get aboard? Can I even get anywhere near the docks. Appreciate your help.

Cheers Andy. :-))

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Fleetwood docks
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 08:51:12 pm »

Balders...............passed it today and apart from a couple of "very" near water small fishing boats and the heritage Stern dragger Jacinta.....there's nothing in the docks.............in fact even the yachties and the gin pallace anckle snappers are fleeing in droves because ABP won't dredge the channel........the lifeboat spends more time on it's mid river mooring these days because the entrance to the pen is silting up...................best way..............remember it as it was in it's hayday matey...............it's a disgrace what it's like now, with yuppie housing developments on the south side, the shoppong free port on the north, and sod all in between. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(
neil

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 09:39:11 pm »

Don't worry, Fleetwood will one day be a tourist mecca like Bruges:-
The decline of Bruges' wealth started in the 15th century : the unstoppable silting up of the Zwin, the competition with the bigger harbor of Antwerp and the crisis in the cloth industry resulted in less commercial activity.

Not so sure about the 'crisis industry', but you've got the silt and bigger harbour competition.

balders

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 11:05:40 pm »

Thanks for that chaps.Very sad.I'll just have to "enjoy" a bit more shopping with her indoors to while away the time.

I had this romantic image of what it might have been.Just like the early '60s when I spent summer hols at my cousin's in Grimsby and spent days hanging round the fish docks and taking in the sights and sounds.Happy days.

Thanks again,

Andy

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 11:46:31 pm »

Move out west from the tram terminus, though, theres quite a nice model boating lake.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.