Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D23 - Not the Most Attractive Image  (Read 104 times)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
D23 - Not the Most Attractive Image
« on: Yesterday at 09:22:16 PM »

As with most things in life, there is [usually] always a reason ...however to train a 4.5" Gun Mount to 180 degrees requires one weapons computer systems 'pointing/non pointing zone' attributes to be racked out, with then a second computer controlled electro-hydraulic system override manually activated to enable the mount with the barrel to be trained and pointed toward the Bridge

In our RAN, such an exercise requires the explicit physical permission of the vessels Captain/Commander who then must also be in command of the vessel [on the bridge] during such an activity

After any maintenance work is carried out on a mounts training system, tests are conducted to prove that the mount cannot exceed its point positions

Could I suggest this image would not emblazen the walls of the Wardroom onboard HMS D23

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: D23 - Not the Most Attractive Image
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:37:16 PM »

Done in roughers to protect gun and as she does not have one now or active wardroom does not matter

Bob
I will finish this model

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:41:01 PM »

PS...thanks Rob...I did find this second image from the Falklands which points at ~~ near 180 train
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:52:58 AM »

Hi Derek that picture reminded me of the quote/remark from the WW1 Wipers troops newsheet.  "Is it always wrong to shoot your commanding officer"?
Roy

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:08:21 AM »

You would have thought that in these eco days that a way of collecting the shells to supplement the cost by selling to the local scrap merchant would be made, and that then the ecologists wouldn't go out and remark that polluting the seas with shell casings is not a good thing, especially as there are multiple programs on tv showing the casings flying out of the gun mount and rolling about on deck.

And yes I know this is from about 1982, talking about the current programs like that about HMS Duncan.
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Royal Sovereign
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, HMS Victory, tug, cardboard castle class convert, got the new job, looking again though
Pages: [1]   Go Up