Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe Atlantis Plans  (Read 14163 times)

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Robbe Atlantis Plans
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2016, 07:57:45 pm »

{-) {-) {-)  Thanks for that John, it's just a tiny bit too big 4' less and I would have a go %) John

John, I have owned 2 Moonbeams and 1 Atlantis and loved them all, but I am too old for hernias and my workshop is crowded. You will have a job finding a similar rig in a lighter weight. I can however recommend a Robbe 'COMTESSE' of which I have owned 2 and they are light to carry and easy and delightful to sail, although a sloop rig. They are becoming hard to find in good nick, but I am searching now!! (3.2Kg and under 1 metre long)
Bob.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlnN28qIwKQ

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 09:56:02 am »

Thanks guys, nemo the hull I was really after has got a full keel with rudder attached.
If no one has any plans I can use I will see what is available at Blackpool on Saturday.
Once again thank you all for trying to help.

Sorry if it seems I have taken your thread John.

John

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 11:29:32 am »

Models by design have several hulls which I think fit your wishlist

KDR

• Shipmate
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2016, 07:38:14 pm »

Hey I've got the plans and instruction I might be able to send

Hi Tom,

I tried to contact you via pm, but didn't got a response. In the meantime I managed to get at least the instructions from Krick. They took over the boat section when Robbe went broke.
They even plan to put some of the boats from Robbe into production again, but unfortunately not the Atlantis.

So, I am still looking for the plan pages 1 and 4. A few pictures would be enough, I don't need the real plans. Even if they are somewhat skewed, photos are fine. The main thing is that I can read the dimensions, part numbers etc. to get an idea what goes where.

Cheers

Kai

johndora

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Robbe Atlantis Instructions
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2019, 12:46:43 pm »

I've just acquired a part built Atlantis model with Plans but no Instructions - anyone have a set for scanning or copying or surplus to requirements?

I'd be most grateful to obtain a set!

John

johndora

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2020, 07:55:44 pm »

Thank you to all who helped with instructions etc. Here is the 'Condor's' maiden voyage on Hinksey Lake, Oxford, England. A great 'lockdown' project which involved building a launch / transport trolley from Mother-in-Law's redundant shopping trolley and a case for the sails.

Condor? It's named after the former Royal Naval Air Station, part of the Fleet Air Arm, near my home town Arbroath in Scotland. My Mother was in the RN late 1940s, early 1950s.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WPU...ew?usp=sharing
[/size]

Dave_S.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Oxford Model Boat Club
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2020, 08:58:11 pm »

Very nice, John. The video must have been taken after the rest of us had left as there are no other boats on the water! Good to see it sailing majestically again today as well.
Ruining perfectly good kits since 1969.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2020, 11:43:40 am »

Hi  reply No. 17 is the Grand Banks Fishing schooner, plans from Sarik and a RTR hull as well.  Just over half the size of Atlantis.

If you are looking for inspiration for a more acceptable deck layout try full size yachts for sale on the Internet.  They are quite often shown with a sales video taking you around the yacht.
regards
Roy

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2020, 06:32:52 am »

I have a Grand Banks fishing schooner. The base model is the Mary J Ward from Victor models. https://www.loyalhannadockyard.com/SAILMARYJW.htm 34" hull and about 9lbs. It is an ABS hull, wood pack, some metal fittings, a moulded keel bulb and a bag of lead shot for ballast.

You can buy from Loyalhannah Dockyard. You would need to have it shipped to UK and pay any duty necessary.

Mine has been modified a bit, photo below, and my avatar.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

johndora

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2020, 07:08:00 am »

Tiger tiger - are these model kits still available? Unless anyone knows otherwise shame they’re not in the UK. Ta...

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2020, 08:11:31 am »

Hi all, if I had more room my name would be on a Mary J Ward.  Lovely looking boat. 

If you want to see these boats in action then there is an old Spencer Tracey film called 'Captains Courageous'.  I do'nt know how many times I have watched it, 80 % of the film is with the fishing fleet and there are loads of these boats.  The first few minutes are devoted to showing how spoilt the young boy is, then.........
It's a good plot too!  Do not bother with the Disney re-make.
Roy

johndora

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2020, 11:21:37 am »

Tigertiger - are these model kits still available? Unless anyone knows otherwise shame they’re not in the UK. Ta...

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2020, 06:45:19 pm »

If you like Grand Bank schooners done right:

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2020, 01:59:08 am »

Ref Mary J Ward model.

On further searching. Sadly it looks like both Victor Models (the manufacturer) and Loyalhanna Dockyard have closed. Unless anyone States side has a contact for the former owners of Loyalhanna, who might have residual stock.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2020, 08:35:39 am »

Hi I had a look too, I found an old reference to one in an auction all laid out.  Did not realise it was a ready made hull.  Which also means there will not be any plans you can build from.
TigerTiger looks like you have  a collectible!  I wonder if 'the' Chinese will do copies?

I saw an Egrette tow boat kit on sale plans available from sarik.  I know the designer and I doubt he is aware it has been kitted!

regards
Roy

johndora

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Robbe Atlantis Plans v Grand Banks Schooner
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2020, 09:23:42 pm »

I have found www.sarikhobbies.com sell plans and a preformed hull for the GBS - a set of plans and hull is now on order! 33" hull length up to 47" with bowsprit. Now where can I get the sails?

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2020, 11:55:09 pm »

I am pretty sure Nylet will do them for you.  It is an old boat I think by LR Armstrong and there is a build presented with the plans when it appeared in Model Boats magazine.  But it was mainly for the wooden hull which I think he made from floorboards!  You might want to check out his Pearling Lugger which is smaller but looks good also there is a Barge Yacht, a very simple build but full of character.

I have GBS a bit altered to be a Fruit Schooner, also I made some hull changes, we shall see if they work.  I slowed a lot when trying to get a square sail on the main, which I will get round to very soon.
Good luck.
Roy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 23 queries.