Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: boxes in front of the Clyde Puffers...  (Read 4918 times)

Krishna

• aqua plannerrrr....................
  • Full Mayhemer
boxes in front of the Clyde Puffers...
« on: November 03, 2012, 06:28:41 am »

Good morning all respected Friends.. i started works on my new Clyde Puffer, is a 4 feet scale one for life time RCying.. i got some nice photographs in all angles, of this machine, and willing to make each and every part of this craft as perfect as possible.. so, a simple doubt to clear.. i found some box like structures at front of the Puffer, with a curved top.. will someone guide me to under stand, what is these boxes are.. here in our traditional fishing boats, i found some boxes like those, one people keeps the stove inside the box, for cooking.. here in Puffers what will be the real needs of those boxes..?  means boxes nesr to the main foxle winches.. please..
in sheer ecstasy of being a powerful,mushy,masculine trans woman of substance...

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: boxes in front of the Clyde Puffers...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 08:45:44 am »

Yes, Krishna............it was a small companionway down to the crew's quarters where they slept at night.
These simple boats were live aboard boats for the maximum of four crew.the captain ( or skipper) the engineer ( who kept the boat running) a deckhand who did the work, and the ships "boy" who did everything else. the companionway had a door ( not watertight) to allow entry and steps down to the quarters at a lower deck and was almost always mahogany plankes all over.
neil.

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 08:57:43 am »

As Neil has said, one is the companionway to the crew's quarters (on the starboard side, marked "grey" in the picture).

The other area marked "grey", on the port side, is the "head" (known as toilet to us landlubbers).

Mike

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 09:18:46 am »

Oh yes........forgot about the head..........lol {-) {-) %% %% %%

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 12:16:35 pm »

respected Modelers million thanks for the correct guidance.. and one more request.. will you give me an idea to achieve a detailed drawing like posted above..? if so will be a great help, as i want to complete the boat with great care and detailing.. its a humble request..
in sheer ecstasy of being a powerful,mushy,masculine trans woman of substance...

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 12:45:20 pm »

that drawing is of the Caldercraft Northlight model kit........see here.
you might be able to get a copy of the drawing from these people......
http://www.jotika-ltd.com/Pages/1024768/Ccraft_Front.htm
neil

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 02:35:51 pm »

I'm not sure what scale you are building to. "4 feet scale" to my simple mind means either 1:4 (which seems a bit big) or 1:48 (which seems a bit small compared with your usual productions). The Caldercraft "Northlight" is 1:32.

I would recommend looking at Martin's build of the Mountfleet puffer "Highlander" (1:24 scale). It can be found on the start page of the website. There are also a lot of puffer pictures to look at. I can't create a link, so here are the directions!

On the left hand side menu list, select "My builds". Then select "Mountfleet Puffer - Highlander". There are three options: "Puffer Links". "The Build" & "Puffer Pictures". Click on the picture NOT the text underneath (as in each case it takes you to the build).

Mike

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 02:57:55 pm »

Neil.. i am looking for the drawing from there..

Corposant:- sir, 4 feet scale means, the length of the craft will be 4 feet.. so, i have to redraw all dimentions according to my size, with comparison.. and i am searching for the page as you instructed.. a million thanks again..[/color][/size]

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 03:31:40 pm »

4foot would equate to 1:16 scale on a 63ft 'inside boat' so doubling the size of the Northlight plans would be about right.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 02:21:30 pm »

respected Modelers.. was searching for the intended.. but couldn't find it.. is there any way to get it once.. ? please..

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 04:54:34 pm »

Do you mean the link I mentioned? If so, are you looking on the start page of the website: www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk - NOT the forum?

Mike

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 01:50:09 pm »

Sir, i am sad that it is hard to find the page.. may be because of my slow connection.. still waiting to start the cutting work, as the laminated thermocol is dried.. is the mentioned link in to Master Class Builds..? please..

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 02:30:27 pm »

You're looking in the forum! - I did say in my previous post "NOT the forum"  O0

Click on this link: www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk and it will take you to the start page of the website. Martin has put lots of stuff there for our perusal.

Regards,
               Mike

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 02:13:40 pm »

Corposant:- sir at last i find it.. a million thanks.. and it will take months to explore there.. once again .. a million thanks..[/color][/size]

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 02:46:14 pm »

Good Evening Martin sir, and now the guidance is complete.. and do not know how to thank.. sure, i will take a deep self research, throughout all of your works, have to learn a lots.. and so happy that i can navigate through the work of my Puffer, with great prayer and dedication.. each and every part.. a million thanks again.. for moving my post to an appropriate board..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.