Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FORUM MODERATORS...DON'T MALIGN THEM  (Read 1755 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
FORUM MODERATORS...DON'T MALIGN THEM
« on: November 08, 2012, 09:20:21 pm »

I have seen many times when members take umbridge at moderation of one of their comments, andI am also guilty of similar moans and groans from time to time..............but get this one.
I was googling yesterday about a certain well known presenter of a famous motoring programne who then went on to start a similar prog on Channel 5.....with regards to a motor vehicle warranty company who had renage'd on every claim I made in the last 3 years.......it came up with a site administered from the USA, which on viewing it was so closely linked to the two progs that not a bad word was to be seen about them or the presenters, except for one member, who had made a comment about the same insurance company.....
So I decided to join the site and pm this member to ask him what problems he had had ......I registered only to find he'd been banned after 1 post.

I then received a welcoming email from the owner of the site, and sadly I wrote back saying :
I'm sorry, but I think my stay will be short. I was looking for  information about ****** *******, as I have taken out a (in my opinion) very poor warranty on my motorcar, and was looking for leads......your forum came up with a lead from a member called "*********" and it seems that he was banned after making a comment about the company...
I have tried to claim 4 times in the life of my warranty and eventually had to go to an Ombudsman before they would pay out on one item, and it looks as though this member was sensored for speaking his mind about the company and ********..........
Sorry but I can't be a part of such sensorship and not being allowed to tell the truth,and live in a world where free speech is valued .After all we all fought against Hitler in 1939-1944 so that the world could have free speech.
I received this reply a short while later:
*********  was spammer, that's why they were banned. Note the posting dates -- they revived what was then a 5 year old thread (now 7 years old).

On a side note, I don't think the reason behind WW2 was Hitler trying to take away the rights of the Jews to speak freely. I think you have your history a bit wrong.

But anyway, your account has been deleted. Have a great day. :) Wow!!...............joined and deleted within a few hours...........not bad going.................. so next time you have a grumble about your mods...............think on.........there's far worse places to be thrown off {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: MAYHEM MODERATORS...DON'T MALIGN THEM
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 10:27:32 pm »

You still got an active mayhem account Neil?!!! .... we must be slipping! 
  :kiss:
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Stavros

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 10:31:34 pm »

Must admit I thought that AS WELL but didnt want to comment  :-)) :-))

Dave

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: FORUM MODERATORS...DON'T MALIGN THEM
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 11:00:55 pm »

Think you were one * short on his first name, Neil.  And if right, my usual thoughts on seeing him were "posh pl******", and that he was almost as useful as a balsa wood spanner. 
But then again, is any advertising featuring a "celebrity" worth considering.  I am thinking of that bawling buffoon flogging double glazing.  And "Inspector John Watt" trying to tell me that a 20P Parker pen is an inducement to buy life insurance.  Thats the 20P that the company gets them for, not what you would buy one in the shops for.

"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 11:03:31 pm »

{-) {-) {-) {-) :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 11:11:50 pm »

Or do you just not want to admit you haven't yet found the 'delete' button in this new forum software?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 11:17:04 pm »

Oi!  <*<

....... where IS that damn delete button?!

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 11:32:33 pm »

Or do you just not want to admit you haven't yet found the 'delete' button in this new forum software?

{-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) :kiss:

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 01:08:41 am »

More like he knows somebody 'important" eh what old boy O0 O0 {-) {-) %% %%
Gunna build those other boats one day.

bikerdude999

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 02:21:36 am »

Sounds like a good forum for 'trolling'...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.