Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Geordies Overboard  (Read 2274 times)

F4TCT

• I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example
  • Full Mayhemer
    • My Boat Builds
Geordies Overboard
« on: November 09, 2012, 05:18:26 pm »

Anyone see that Geordies Overboard program on channel 4 the other night (possibly wednesday)?

Was news to me Blyth Lifeboat was an independent, but certainly an interesting and occasionally funny documentary.

You may be able to catch up using 4od if anyone missed it. Its well worth a watch and it's on again next week.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/geordies-overboard/episode-guide/series-1/episode-1

Dan  :D

heritorasphodel

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Geordies Overboard
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 07:04:42 pm »

General consensus from the first episode is that it shows that crew in a really bad light, unprofessional to say the least. However Blyth lifeboat has said everything is exaggerated for the show.

Blyth R.N.L.I. operated a Trent until a few years ago when a review decided that it was unnecessary to operated an all weather lifeboat there due to the proximity of other ALB stations. Like Caister, locals still wanted to operate a Lifeboat, but unlike Caister it doesn't seem to be operated by the old ALB crew. The Blyth independent lifeboat is the ex-Bernard Matthews (Modified Lochin 38) from Caister.

However, Blyth R.N.L.I. still operates a D Class inshore Lifeboat, which this programme shows to be very professional.

Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.