Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Is Deans Marine for email replies  (Read 7498 times)

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
Re: How Is Deans Marine for email replies
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 11:26:59 am »

I have dealt with several Germay companys.
Since I can NOT speak German the phone was not an option so it had to be email. I use google email to do the translating so the email is in German.
 1 company was briliant top marks and I placed a big order with him.
Another one I emailed several time no reply . I asked a favor of the first company if they could phone him and ask why he does not answer email. I eventuly got a responce. Yes I did place an order with him as He was the only persion in Europe that had the boat I wanted.
 The other company  after 8 emails over a 4 month period I got a reply . Did not place an order
This shows how some company treat emails. For me the was the language barrier that stop me using the phone. There are modlers out there that are deaf have speach problems so the can not use the phone easly so email is a god send.
If a trader gos on hoilday set there email up so it sends a automic message that say on holiday back on XXXX date will respond after that date ASAP thank you for your email. My work does it. People dont mind waiting but HATE being ignored it is rude and unprofessional.
I thought we were still in a resion or depresion what ever it is called and traders needed ever order they can get.

john
Ps thankyou to the moderators for letting this thread run as it shows a problem

mikearace

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 12:15:34 pm »

Have to say i cant praise Deans Marine enough for their customer services.  Phone calls are always answered promptly and no questions are too much trouble.  As for emails, which is what the original question was, I have always had prompt replies to mine. But, there are two email options on the web page - 1 is to fill out the automated email form for contact and the other is to use the email address direct from your own email system and email to: contact@deansmarine.co.uk<contact@deansmarine.co.uk>;

i have always used the direct email system from my own email address as previously I have other problems with this type of email with other companies - not just model boat ones.

Is it possible that the member has used the automated format and there is a problem with it?  I know from experierence of another well known model boat shop who has the same option and I filled out the automated contact page and got no reply.  When I phoned to ask about no response they advised me that they were forever having problems with the so called smart page for email contacts.  A direct email to them worked fine.  It was all a system glitch and not a failing on their part but something they were trying to remedy but to which they were the hostage of the web page provider.  So my guess is that its not the team at Deans but something they arent aware of or have little control over.   
Not just two wheels...........and never trust a hippie

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 12:35:19 pm »

It goes without saying that we are not here to pillary Traders who rely on us for their lively-hood.   All we ask is to put yourself into their position and behave respectfully towards them.

I don't think anyone is being pilloried - it's more frustration that a trader advertises a service (phone or email) but then doesn't actually provide it. As tiger tiger says, firms that don't progress with the times will likely fail and as far as modeling goes I think most of us would rather they didn't. Most of this thread is just asking those who are below par to do better.

Traders should bear in mind too that it can be hard to tell from a website that they are either a 'proper' company or a back bedroom/part-time job.

Snowwolflair

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 12:35:54 pm »

The clue is no reply to multiple email contacts. It sounds like a spam filter.
 Ron is always fast at response, if and when he gets a message.
 Use another email address to send him a message that isn’t likely to get blocked.

CF-FZG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 02:47:03 pm »

The clue is no reply to multiple email contacts. It sounds like a spam filter.

As both were sent through Deans's own 'contact form' on their website, then they should not be rejected by his spam filters.  After all, it'd be stupid to have a 'contact form' and then have the emails generated from it blocked by the spam filter.

Mark.
Mark.

Tonka Toys - Big boys toys :)

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 03:26:46 pm »

I have just been on Deans marine website to check a few things out,
1- the past two weeks it looks like they have been at two shows Sandown and Warwick which takes a lot of planning and organising.

2- in the contact us form for the email section quite clearly states that you have to fill out the box marked 'verification' correctly which prevents spammers accessing the the site, I would presume that if you did not read the info regarding the postcode which has to imputed into the verification box it would automatically go into the spam box. This could explain why George might not have got a response, of course can't confirm this without talking to Ron first.

Whilst I know that if you try to contact a manufacturer and they do not respond it can be very frustrating there are very few suppliers left let alone model shops to buy them from, please try to refrain from bad mouthing them because some manufacturers very rarely receive good praise and it's always the bad stuff that people remember, once a manufacturer disappears there are very few people left to replace them then we all moan that we can't get any kits or parts.
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

CF-FZG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 03:59:03 pm »

I would presume that if you did not read the info regarding the postcode which has to imputed into the verification box it would automatically go into the spam box.

Just tried this Nick, it just stops and tell you you've input the postcode wrong, and to go back and try again.

Mark.
Mark.

Tonka Toys - Big boys toys :)

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 04:00:33 pm »

I would like to go on record to say that I have always found Ron Dean to be extremely helpful, often having gone way beyond the goals of excellent and very prompt service.  I have usually phoned or used the full email address.

On my third Deans ship he actually talked me out of buying something more expensive in favour of gear that would do the job better, and has given invaluable help and advice to get my build started.  IMO he is an enthusiast who appreciates fellow enthusiasts.

Phoning from abroad can be a practical problem, so please try him again using his full email address.  Online Forms can sometimes be a bit iffy.

Bob

HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 04:45:02 pm »

If you don't get through to Deans Marine George let me know, I was talking to him just yesterday at the show.  :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 04:56:31 pm »

The comment re Deans not answering emails seems to crop up from time to time on this and other forums.

Makes me wonder if there is a minor issue with the contact us form or an overzealous spam filter
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 08:37:41 pm »

The comment re Deans not answering emails seems to crop up from time to time on this and other forums.

Makes me wonder if there is a minor issue with the contact us form or an overzealous spam filter

Finally, an answer to the original question/thread. (How is Deans Marine for email replies).

It seems, there is a problem and seems, they haven't rectified/dealt with it.

Gunna build those other boats one day.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 02:26:44 am »

Finally, an answer to the original question/thread. (How is Deans Marine for email replies).

It seems, there is a problem and seems, they haven't rectified/dealt with it.

And knowing that there is a problem is a pre-requisite to a fix.
I think now he definably knows there is a problem.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2012, 12:37:57 am »

Following a first class suggestion from member RAAArtygunner, the following excerpt copied from another thread

Answer from Deans Marine

Hi Martin No problems [with email] that I know of, 483 of them this morning as I have been at the Warks show since the 9th, and they will ALL be replied to today, even if we cannot help. we have three staff on mail alone. We do not have  spam filter, unknown  mail goes in to a seperate folder, 853 since thursday the 9th, if you send a mail to us and do not fill in the subject line then it probably will NOT get opened.  As I have just read this thread today, I suggest the person from canada sends a mail to us at deansmarine@yahoo.co.uk,  the contact page mail needs a code to prevent spanners, if you do not fill it in correctly, the mail will not get sent. ?? We answer ALL our mail every day, unless the question needs research or time to find out details to answer some of the VERY long and complicated mail we get, another reason for no reply is often the return e-mail reply address is incorrect. ?  what are we supposed to do them we have one from Australia being VERY unpleasant on Sundays mail that he wanted his order for a kit on next day delivery ? Many thanks to you who have supported us on this thread, we try to give excellent service to all our customers, even if they are not buying our products, we have been at it for 30 years now, but we have been terrible if you believe the members of the hate deans marine fan club. ? Look forward to seeing the mailfrom Canada Regards
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.